miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
+1

I very much appreciate all the time and effort put into this database, but I don't fully understand how it works. My dealer messaged me re: my '22 order and said it was in D1 stage. cryptosticker doesn't reflect a build sheet at this stage. What stage triggers a build sheet on cryptosticker?

Cheers.
D1 simply means parts are gathered, and FCA estimate it’s everything needed for that build but nothing has happened yet hence no build sheet (the building instructions). And you can still get the dreaded D1 to D regress status where the parts they thought they had are now not available, that is very common, especially with the crazy build cycles now happening so take that D1 this early with a grain of salt. Until you hear your vehicle is in framing and/or paint, it’s just parts in inventory and a theoretical vehicle.

Crypto won’t show a build sheet until the build is basically completed because is polls the database every 24 hours or so and therefore after the fact a bit. When you get a window sticker notification you know your vehicle is built, inspected, and ready for shipment.

Advertisement

BethP

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR / 1972 Buick GS
I finally signed the papers for mine yesterday - it's at the dealership and they are adding the extra parts I ordered. I ordered almost the same exact Jeep as you (including color) on 07/01. It was delivered to Worcester, MA on Sunday 11/28. Hopefully you get yours soon.
YAY! When are you picking it up? Mine is in transit...hoping to pick up early next week.

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi all,

Well I'm in, sat down yesterday and ordered a JLUR manual transmission 4.88 so now get to see how long this is going to take, salesperson said 6-8 weeks, my Challenger took 26 days in 2020, although my wife's Jeep took 3 weeks in 2015

Regards,
Jim

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
D1 simply means parts are gathered, and FCA estimate it’s everything needed for that build but nothing has happened yet hence no build sheet (the building instructions). And you can still get the dreaded D1 to D regress status where the parts they thought they had are now not available, that is very common, especially with the crazy build cycles now happening so take that D1 this early with a grain of salt. Until you hear your vehicle is in framing and/or paint, it’s just parts in inventory and a theoretical vehicle.

Crypto won’t show a build sheet until the build is basically completed because is polls the database every 24 hours or so and therefore after the fact a bit. When you get a window sticker notification you know your vehicle is built, inspected, and ready for shipment.

Much thanks for the info!

The good thing about the holiday season is time generally goes by quickly. We'll be into January before we know it. That will make part of the wait go by a little better.

I'll just put another log on the fire in January, get out my favorite whiskey, and wait.

Cheers!

v0mitus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport
Build Thread
Link
Getting VON/VIN within a day or two is pretty standard.
That's good to know that mine getting allocated a VON/VIN within a day is normal. Hopefully everything else chugs along rather normally. This is my first factory ordered vehicle and like everyone else I can hardly contain myself. I'm sure my wife is already tired of all the Jeep YouTube videos I watch when I'm home 😂

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
That's good to know that mine getting allocated a VON/VIN within a day is normal. Hopefully everything else chugs along rather normally. This is my first factory ordered vehicle and like everyone else I can hardly contain myself. I'm sure my wife is already tired of all the Jeep YouTube videos I watch when I'm home 😂
I was checking crypto a couple of times a day. I didnt contact my dealer or chat that much until it was in shipping. Glad it's over and I have it. Mine took 9 weeks from order day to delivery to me day. Good luck with yours.

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'm sure my wife is already tired of all the Jeep YouTube videos I watch when I'm home 😂
Wanna really drive her nuts? Do what I’ve been doing. When we’re out driving somewhere together and I see a Wrangler I say, “JEEP”, even if I’m in the middle of a sentence when I see one. “So babe. What do you want for JEEP dinner tonight?” “Oh let’s go to that new JEEP Mexican place we heard about” Drives her nuts especially when we pass a dealership with several used ones. “So I was thinking for Christmas this year JEEP JEEP JEEP JEEP JEEP JEEP JEEP we should stay at home and just enjoy our JEEP time off.” There are lots of Wranglers around here. I promised her I would stop when I get mine. Hopefully she doesn’t kill me before then.

PerryJeepRed

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara
I just got a call from my dealership that my 2021 Sahara in Firecracker Red will be here in 3-4 weeks. Ordered 10/04/21. Got my build sheet 11/23/21. Assuming she arrives when estimated, it'll have been 11-12 weeks. We were told 12-15 weeks when we ordered her. I'm in Dallas and it looks like it will be a very merry Christmas. :)
  • Cold Weather Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group
  • Safety Group
  • MOPAR Hardtop Headliner
  • 3.6L V6 6-Speed Manual Transmission
  • Gorilla Glass
  • Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
  • Black 3-Piece Hard Top

mgrin3006

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys (delivered 1/28)
Occupation
Retired Fire Inspector
I just got a call from my dealership that my 2021 Sahara in Firecracker Red will be here in 3-4 weeks. Ordered 10/04/21. Got my build sheet 11/23/21. Assuming she arrives when estimated, it'll have been 11-12 weeks. We were told 12-15 weeks when we ordered her. I'm in Dallas and it looks like it will be a very merry Christmas. :)
  • Cold Weather Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Safety Group
  • Gorilla Glass
  • Black 3-Piece Hard Top
Great news for you! I see that you ordered Gorilla Glass, that I had heard was a hold-up for new builds. I also ordered it because our last jeep we replaced or repaired the windshield 4 times in 3 years!!!

JeepKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys, previous 80 CJ5
Occupation
retired, rewired
  • Cold Weather Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Safety Group
  • Gorilla Glass
  • Black 3-Piece Hard Top
I just got a call, my Jeep just came in! Was told expect 10-12 weeks. Was built at 7 weeks and here delivered at 10 weeks. Yay, going to pick up hopefully today! JLU-W, Firecracker Red, very grateful

Sponsored

PerryJeepRed

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara
Great news for you! I see that you ordered Gorilla Glass, that I had heard was a hold-up for new builds. I also ordered it because our last jeep we replaced or repaired the windshield 4 times in 3 years!!!
Thanks! I'd heard the same thing about the wait on the GG, too. It was a want for me and with the wait being as long as it was, I figured why not get it. The vehicle would eventually arrive.

mgrin3006

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys (delivered 1/28)
Occupation
Retired Fire Inspector
Thanks! I'd heard the same thing about the wait on the GG, too. It was a want for me and with the wait being as long as it was, I figured why not get it. The vehicle would eventually arrive.
Very happy for you! I'll be waiting to see the pics!

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
My nightmare is them digging through rapidly declining parts bins trying to find enough 'good' pieces to put my Willys together and get it delivered before the line closes. Cringe-worthy thoughts.
I didnt even think about this until you said it!! completely possible and probably whats going to happen. sigh

Advertisement

Advertisement