JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I ordered my JLURXR 9/4 still hasn't even started production. From what I can tell, some dealers get preference.
I wondered about that, and I wonder if they prioritize high priced builds? Either way, it sucks that you’re not in build yet.

My dealer is a high volume place, they have 2 or 3 jeep lots in my metro area, so I don’t doubt jeep tries to keep their customers happy. I was told to expect 2 months when I ordered. It’s looking like I’ll get it roughly then based on what my dealer just emailed me.

Also, cryptostickers seems to be unreliable. They still don’t have that my jeep is built. There are VIN’s on there that are being shipped to customers who supposedly ordered 3 days ago. Literally same day order-shipment.

Advertisement

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Just got an email from fca... Says my jeep should start the build process soon. Pfft...yeah will see...ill believe it when I actually see it! Im at 15 weeks now...

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
I got a text from the dealer a couple of hours ago saying: “your Jeep has been loaded on a rail car and is headed toward Nashville. In Nashville it will transfer to truck and come to Florence. Your ETA is 11/12 to 11/23. “
11/5 update: My dealer texted today and said the trip by rail from Toledo to Nashville takes about 10 days with the stops and transfers along the way. If it arrives in Nashville early enough, the transfer to truck and then to Florence, Alabama is usually done overnight.

So my Willys stayed in "gathering parts" and "scheduling for production", according to JC, until the day before it was finally built on 11/1. Loaded on a rail car 11/2 and headed toward me on 11/3.

I said that to offer some encouragement to those stuck in those two stages I mentioned above.

I asked my dealer why some were built before others and she said if there was an item on the build sheet they had trouble getting, floor mats for example, if they couldn't get approval to delete that item, the build was put on hold and the possibility of it falling through the crack was possible. She expects all 2021 orders made after October 6th to be converted to 2022.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Also, cryptostickers seems to be unreliable. They still don’t have that my jeep is built. There are VIN’s on there that are being shipped to customers who supposedly ordered 3 days ago. Literally same day order-shipment.
Crypto is only as accurate as the people inputting info. My guess is your "same day" builds are people not putting in the right info.

I asked my dealer why some were built before others and she said if there was an item on the build sheet they had trouble getting, floor mats for example, if they couldn't get approval to delete that item, the build was put on hold and the possibility of it falling through the crack was possible. She expects all 2021 orders made after October 6th to be converted to 2022.
That's all conjecture and guesses. It's been proven over and over again that the same things that hold one order don't hold another; for instance many people had their floor mats deleted recently and were never asked about it. Those same people went out, ordered and got the Mopar mats from other sources, however.

I'm not saying what was told to you was exactly wrong, but it's just their opinion. Read through this entire thread and you'll see how "random" it is when your vehicle gets built and shipped to you. But someone recently had a theory that it was a bit more of a dealer allocation/shipping area thing and I think that may be the case rather than the cost of a build, model, color or options. They definitely don't do vehicles in "batches" of styles, colors or models.

Reddog74

First Name
Beck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RooRoo
Just got an email from fca... Says my jeep should start the build process soon. Pfft...yeah will see...ill believe it when I actually see it! Im at 15 weeks now...
I spoke with my dealer on Tuesday and I was told they wont start my build until end of November. I ordered on 7/23,, should be a nice Christmas or New Years gift. Seriously second-guessing this order.

Sponsored

Kimmi

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac ATS, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (maybe)
Yay! Heard from JC today and was told that my jeep is built, but is Pending installation of additional equipmen! After emailing me salesman with an email titled “Jeep Chat says my jeep is built!” He responded! 1st email in 10 weeks that he has responded to (only sent 4 others)! Told me it is scheduled to ship 11/8 But no idea on expected delivery yet…. i know it ends up getting shipped to Ayer, MA and then transferred to NH…. Praying it doesn’t take another month!
Ordered 8/28
Crickets until today, 11/5

DontCallMeRubi

First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Corvette Z06
Ordered 2021 Jeep Willys Sport 25 Sept 2021, Dealer said Jeep arrived yesterday, scheduled to pick it up tonight after Work, 5 Nov 2021.
I bought mine from Hunter Dodge in Lancaster...where did you get yours from?

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
I wondered about that, and I wonder if they prioritize high priced builds? Either way, it sucks that you’re not in build yet.

My dealer is a high volume place, they have 2 or 3 jeep lots in my metro area, so I don’t doubt jeep tries to keep their customers happy. I was told to expect 2 months when I ordered. It’s looking like I’ll get it roughly then based on what my dealer just emailed me.

Crypto relies on people entering their true build date. The dealer I ordered from has 2 or 3 Jeep franchises in my state, they too told me 2 months. I am entering week 9, ship date pushed 3 times, and no progress, plus I gave them my trade, which they have sold. So they have $30k of my money, and I have nothing. My build was $62k, I only omitted a hard top(because after 2, I hate leaks), no tow pkg, no front camera, and non painted flares. My dealer was very responsive until I pointed out others getting their XRs that ordered after me, then they went dark. I was in a Ford finance office, about to buy a new Bronco, decided I would rather buy a Viper, sell one of my Vettes, and buy an old LJ. So my plan is quite fluid at the moment. If I have no news by the 11th, I will regroup, and go from there. Glad I did not buy the Bronco. Enjoy your Jeep when it arrives, they look incredible with the XR package.

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
A bronco? You mean ordering or actually got one that someone canceled? Pictures?
I was in the finance office, my Corvette trade was already appraised, took the Bronco for another drive, decided it was not what I wanted. I'd rather spend the cash on a Viper, or Porsche 911 if I am not going to wait on the Jeep. I'll sell another one of my cars, and buy an old LJ to keep the Jeep fun in my life.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Crypto relies on people entering their true build date. The dealer I ordered from has 2 or 3 Jeep franchises in my state, they too told me 2 months. I am entering week 9, ship date pushed 3 times, and no progress, plus I gave them my trade, which they have sold. So they have $30k of my money, and I have nothing. My build was $62k, I only omitted a hard top(because after 2, I hate leaks), no tow pkg, no front camera, and non painted flares. My dealer was very responsive until I pointed out others getting their XRs that ordered after me, then they went dark. I was in a Ford finance office, about to buy a new Bronco, decided I would rather buy a Viper, sell one of my Vettes, and buy an old LJ. So my plan is quite fluid at the moment. If I have no news by the 11th, I will regroup, and go from there. Glad I did not buy the Bronco. Enjoy your Jeep when it arrives, they look incredible with the XR package.
Seriously? you gonna buy a viper? If I had that kind of cash I’d do that too. Well, probably a GTR, but same idea.

This jeep is about the top of what I can comfortably afford for a vehicle. But it’s been a goal for 20ish years since I stupidly sold a very nice CJ7. Schooling delayed things, but I’m finally in a position to do it without breaking the budget.

Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Yay finally!! 2 weeks behind...me not bad.
yeah I ordered my Jeep 8/30 and it arrived at the dealership a couple of days ago! I just picked it up today! so happy!!!!! FYI, mine stayed in shipping for close to three weeks (Ohio to Arizona)

FinanciallyRuined

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
yeah I ordered my Jeep 8/30 and it arrived at the dealership a couple of days ago! I just picked it up today! so happy!!!!! FYI, mine stayed in shipping for close to three weeks (Ohio to Arizona)
mines been in shipping for nearly 2 weeks already, and I’m getting anxious. What dealership in AZ? I ordered through Chapman Scottsdale.

deeseidel23

First Name
DeeDee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Unlimited Sahara
How long does it take to get a VIN after you order? I ordered a 2022 on 10/11 & still waiting on VIN.

Advertisement

Advertisement