JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Probearded1

First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I just ordered this and I am going to try to paint it to match. I have seen videos where they pull the factory panels and paint them but I am trying this first. it is cheaper and much easier and if it works and I love it I can always do the full update later.

Screenshot_20210924-131827_Amazon Shopping.jpg
That’s an option. I was looking at the mopar leather trimmed one but it’s $400. I’ll probably live with it for now. I’m thinking I might trade mine in for a manual trans next year.
2 door Sport S w/6-speed ordered 9/7. Waiting for parts too. I don't remember if I read it here or heard it at the dealer but I believe I heard they are only manufacturing 4 doors right now and wouldn't be manufacturing 2 doors til November..

Could be a long wait or just a dealer lie.
Before the tracker crashed I was seeing some 2doors get built. I was getting pissed because they were all orders that came after mine.

Advertisement

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
yeah the mopar ones are pricey

if my jeep ever gets built and if the project works I will post some photos.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 11 Ram 1500, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk
I contacted Mariano but they weren't coming off MSRP.
I would think it may have more to do with which options it was ordered with?
She ordered the day before me, same color but I have a soft top and tow package. I am still “gathering parts”. Our vin numbers are less than 500 apart, both in the north east.

RedBaron91

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JLR
For those of you with estimated shipping/build dates, are you getting that info from the dealer? Jeep Chat told me they didn't have access to any of that information.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300, Ordered JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Hello, I'm new to the group. Just received notification yesterday of an update showing my build sheet. Is the tracking system usually accurate? I guess I'm like everyone and excited to see my jeep move along in the process. So happy I found this forum to see the process and share in the same experience as others.

Ordered 08/27
VIN 9/3
Build sheet 9/21
The Crypto site is not working. Hasn't been updated since 9/21. Not sure what is going on.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
So Jeep says it has shipped but my dealer has been telling me for over a week now they "can't tell where it is in shipping". I can track a roll of toilet paper from California to PA and know every damn stopped and bump it makes and they can't tell me where a $55,000 Jeep is?!?!?! Where to all the different "codes" come into play when shipping I see people talking about all the time?
Now you know why Amazon is a Trillion and a half Dollar Company! This shit ain't easy, otherwise, everyone would have done it. Hey, maybe Amazon can do dealer delivery???? lol

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
In my case
Jeep Chat - useless, delayed, canned responses

Jeep Phone Support - a bit better, sometimes

I'm at 97 days since order.

They "escalated" me around 50 days, because my build still hadn't started. Others who ordered after me already had taken delivery.

A long phone chat a week ago yielded the first truly knowledgeable and helpful phone support person. He seemed to do a good job and escalated me to a department he said could actually get real information and make things happen. He promised they would call me with answers. Yeah, you guessed it, nothing.

Called again yesterday, got a nice girl, but man she was clueless and useless. Finally gave up. Oh and she promised she would call me back. You guessed it, nothing.

If there is a way to get actual help I sure haven’t found it.

Dealer expected it would arrive last Saturday. Still nothing from anyone as of today. 😐
WOW! I would be calling my dealer sales guy DAILY at about the 70-day mark. I would also be asking for my deposit back and to cancel my order. At some point, the factory will quit making 2021's so you can't wait forever but still, your order seems to have gone into a bureaucratic black hole. SMH.

Aubie4Pres

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko 4xe Rubicon (On order)
Hello friends old and new. Build date pushed again to 10/13. 4th build date change. Ordered 5/24, VIN 5/25.

Gecko 4xe JLUR
Cold weather
Safety pkg
Soft top

Ordered from Mike Clinnin at Mall of GA Jeep. Lots of orders after mine have been built and delivered. Not on the dealer, def on Jeep.

This process blows

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I'm probably going to have somebody drive me down there given the instability of the build/delivery times. That way I can take a day off work and drive down right when it is ready.
Tell that to the dealer! If they have no clue when it gets there and can't give you an ETA worth a shit, then they should expect the Wrangler to sit there for a week or two while you make travel arrangements. Tell them to inspect it REAL good and make sure all them steering bolts are damn torqued before you take delivery because you have a long highway ride back! ;)

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Hello friends old and new. Build date pushed again to 10/13. 4th build date change. Ordered 5/24, VIN 5/25.

Gecko 4xe JLUR
Cold weather
Safety pkg
Soft top

Ordered from Mike Clinnin at Mall of GA Jeep. Lots of orders after mine have been built and delivered. Not on the dealer, def on Jeep.

This process blows
yup. Seems random parts shortages are impacting people and the computer system is assigning parts to VIN numbers randomly. Or maybe the factory keeps poaching parts from other builds left and right to complete one build and move it forward and it is creating choas. SMH.

dnewer

First Name
Darren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Car.. Waiting on my New Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The Crypto site is not working. Hasn't been updated since 9/21. Not sure what is going on.
I believe they rebooted the system today. I messaged Jay in the forum. My order has not updated. But that might just be me.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Spoke with JC again today (no progress) so I went on to explain that every time line they have told me for each process has not been meet. I am currently in D1 status, which I was told this stage is 5-7 days then onto being built been here for 10 days now with an estimated ship date of 9-28 (like that is going to happen) JC sent the information up to a manager. Which called my dealership. and asked my dealership why they haven't told me when I was getting my Jeep. so my dealership asked the Jeep manager if she had that information and she went on to tell him, that they didn't have that information. How is the dealership supposed to know if they don't even know? again 9-28 is probably not going to happen.
I won't be surprised if the factory is moving the vehicle from station to station with an incomplete process and they plan to "catch up" if possible. If not possible, the vehicle is parked to the side waiting for the one or two parts left in the operation in order to move it to the next.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks! Just looked, the one in Houston is pretty close to where I live.

I've had disappointing experiences with independent shops recently. When I had a different problem several months ago (the problems just keep coming), I contacted 2 or 3 of them, and to a man they never got back to me with a quote or any follow-up contact. It's weird that some of them seem like they don't want $$$.
probably short of mechanics and trying to just stay above water with the walk-ins.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
They shouldn’t be doing drives on it. I went to one dealer that had a 392 that I wanted to look at before pulling the trigger on it. He advised me it was an order but didn’t mind me stopping by to look at it. He was able to remote start and I peaked inside. So if they are honest then you have nothing to worry about.
My local dealer did the same thing. There was a barebone model parked in the showroom and it was all locked up. Sales guy told me it was sold already so I couldn't "check" it out.

LuvYella

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
WOW! I would be calling my dealer sales guy DAILY at about the 70-day mark. I would also be asking for my deposit back and to cancel my order. At some point, the factory will quit making 2021's so you can't wait forever but still, your order seems to have gone into a bureaucratic black hole. SMH.
I, literally, found out just this morning from Jeep, it was delivered. Still dead silence from my dealer. That doesn't piss me off, but it does disappoint me, especially after last weeks email from him.
"You know I will call or email you the minute I know anything positive and, if not, we will talk Monday either way! Thank you my friend!"

We did not talk Monday, btw. 🙂

But, I wouldn't have canceled my order for 4 reasons anyway.

1) Mine is HellaYella. Yellow is the highest resale value color, Hella is discontinued and I don't think there were many Hellas produced in 2021. I have requested FCA give me a number, but you can guess how thats going.

2) Carvana is still offering me 3K more than I'm paying for it.

3) I ordered a stripper so I expected a little delay, just not 15 WEEKS.

4) I wouldn't have gotten my grand deposit back AND my rig would have went on the dealers lot at a $4K market adjustment or at minimum, MSRP.

Advertisement

Advertisement
TopLift Pros

Advertisement