JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

MBJeep4

First Name
Mandi
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2021 JL Sport Altitude on order
I sat at 12wk late last year, got hit by both end of year holidays, and would have been beyond disappointed if it showed up in the wrong color. Mine is granite :involve: and I doubt I would like the sting, so I empathize; there's maybe one other color I would have accepted if I liked it in person, but this is not
12-Facts-About-The-Station-Wagon-From-National-Lampoon’s-Vacation-2.png

Start searching listings to see what you can find; people cancel and there are still non-sold orders getting built. Color is hard to change; a soft top is easy to add; aux switches are easy enough. And if you were going to lift it anyway, or only lease it for 12mo before ordering another...

Find some calm, a bunch of energy, go to the dealer and take a look, get them to cover the fee for a new order. If they don't behave maybe recheck these forums for reviewed/recommended dealers and place a new order there. Seems like Gupton gets them in 17 days or something crazy, so maybe flying is the way to go.

:crying:
To be honest, Granite was my second choice color anyways and so am I disappointed, yes, but I'm going to keep it not reorder.

More pissed at the dealer who tried to tell me I ordered it that way (they eventually came back late yesterday and admitted it was their mistake). Sooo...I've decided I'm going to just try and get some money off the price or a lift added like was suggested earlier. We'll see what happens.

Advertisement

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Vehicle Showcase
Driving... instruction? They tell you how to use push-to-start, adjust the mirrors, and use the turn signals so you can merge properly?
I thought BMW’s didn’t have turn signals lol.

GalacticMouse

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUS Altitude 2.0L (On Order)
I complain to Jeep care last week and escalated by build since I am nearing 9 weeks without movement. I received an email from Cara today stating that my jeep will be built this week or next.

Question: how accurate have people found this to be?
I got escalated around 12 weeks and didn't get a build timeline (still don't have one at 16 weeks) so hopefully that means you're actually getting built in the next two weeks!

lisalynne

First Name
BlackBetty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, '21 High Altitude on order
To be honest, Granite was my second choice color anyways and so am I disappointed, yes, but I'm going to keep it not reorder.

More pissed at the dealer who tried to tell me I ordered it that way (they eventually came back late yesterday and admitted it was their mistake). Sooo...I've decided I'm going to just try and get some money off the price or a lift added like was suggested earlier. We'll see what happens.
Good luck!!!

ljstella

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Ordered a Hydro Blue JLU Sport Altitude on 08/04, just got a build sheet!

itshappening.gif

HeyKirby

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 2dr Willys - Gecko
Got told by JC that my Willys shipped on Thursday. On the way to Maine now, in upstate NY. Dealership said this morning it won’t be until Massachusetts until the end of the month and then Maine the 1st week of October….

I could walk there quicker than that.

Jeff B

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport
Got told by JC that my Willys shipped on Thursday. On the way to Maine now, in upstate NY. Dealership said this morning it won’t be until Massachusetts until the end of the month and then Maine the 1st week of October….

What was your order date?

Granada

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado

My Sahara shipped on Thursday as well. I was hoping to have it by the end of next week but it would make sense that we are in the same shipment.

Edit: JC said in shipping with delivery to dealer 9/17-9/26.

Last edited:

4XEJLU

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
My initial delivery window after it went KZ was 8/26-9/9. Jeep Chat told me today it's now 9/5-9/17.

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
My Sahara shipped on Thursday as well. I was hoping to have it by the end of next week but it would make sense that we are in the same shipment.
Bah, sounds like my Rubi missed that shipment.

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
I have a question how does a 20 minute commute in your soon to be Jeep translate to a 3 hour trip otherwise?
I take a Bus to the train station. The bus takes all roads (not Highways) to the train station which s 45 minutes. If I get there when the next train is coming with in 10 minutes if I miss that train the next train is 40 minutes later. I then take the train ride is approximately 50 minutes and makes multiple stops. the train end at Gran Central and I now have to walk 10 city blocks (1 mile) takes about 10 minutes to Penn Station. Wait to get buss for 10 to 15 minutes and then a buss trip back to NJ is 20 minutes.

Going home at night is longer since most people leave at the same time and there is no room on the busses and longer line. I start this at 5:00 AM. Also note that the busses may not have room and then you have to wait another 20 to 30 minutes for the next. Mass Transit is not good to get anywhere fast in North east NJ. Add Rain or snow it is worst. By the way I can't work from home. I am considered an essential worker and worked at the office all through the lockdowns and quarantines.

So if I drive my Jeep it is 20 minutes on 95% highways. The mileage is 17 miles.

Hopefully this answer your question. leaving earlier doesn't save time as I tried that. Can't leave later as that doesn't work for various reasons..

CrimsonGhost

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I take a Bus to the train station. The bus takes all roads (not Highways) to the train station which s 45 minutes. If I get there when the next train is coming with in 10 minutes if I miss that train the next train is 40 minutes later. I then take the train ride is approximately 50 minutes and makes multiple stops. the train end at Gran Central and I now have to walk 10 city blocks (1 mile) takes about 10 minutes to Penn Station. Wait to get buss for 10 to 15 minutes and then a buss trip back to NJ is 20 minutes.

Going home at night is longer since most people leave at the same time and there is no room on the busses and longer line. I start this at 5:00 AM. Also note that the busses may not have room and then you have to wait another 20 to 30 minutes for the next. Mass Transit is not good to get anywhere fast in North east NJ. Add Rain or snow it is worst. By the way I can't work from home. I am considered an essential worker and worked at the office all through the lockdowns and quarantines.

So if I drive my Jeep it is 20 minutes on 95% highways. The mileage is 17 miles.

Hopefully this answer your question. leaving earlier doesn't save time as I tried that. Can't leave later as that doesn't work for various reasons..
Sounds like the hell my uncle lived through going to the NSA from Chantilly VA... and he WAS driving 2 hours each way!

Advertisement

Advertisement
JKS Manufacturing

Advertisement