Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
I know I'm new here but I've been bouncing between wrangler and 4xe forums for a bit now. My Gecko 4xe Rubicon was ordered on 7/28 officially and hit D1 on 7/29. It's now built and sitting in the storage area waiting for 1 part before it gets a sign off and official shipping date to my dealer. The stars aligned in a completely unpredictable fashion for me and I absolutely feel for those that are left with nothing but questions. I wasn't expecting my order until late October at the earliest, but apparently Jeep decided to plow mine in with a line of other Gecko's. Go figure.

Advertisement

Ljbdmcb3

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass & order placed for 2021 Jeep Wra
Ordered my Sahara diesel on 6/9/21 and got serial # the same day. Got a letter from customer care on 7/30/21 that says it will be delivered on the week of 10/11/21. This seems like an excessive amount of time.
I have had no correspondence of any kind from Jeep since I placed my order 🤷🏻‍♀️

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
JLURD, Sarge Green

7/16 order
8/17 approved for shipping

Does anybody know how long it takes to ship to Gupton? Thinking of making a trip next Monday.
What options did you have on your JLURD? I’ve been in JB for a week.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
We will be working together to try to figure out a way to support this in the future. Don't worry this tool is for everyone and if data is helpful I'm not going to hide it.
I like the new interface overall -- I really like being able to filter and sort. A few thoughts:

1- Would it be possible to add "updated" as a sortable column in the list view? I'm trying to track down a very odd pattern in the data -- namely, there seem to be a ton of 4xes sitting between the build and shipping process, and only a very small handful have shipped between 8/05 and now.

2- Sometimes the display truncates the number of rows if you filter or sort. Usually pretty repeatably if you select, say, the "build only" view, filter by "4xe", and sort by order date. Probably an issue in the paging library, as it often (but not always) seems to fix itself when I page ahead and go back. Firefox (latest) and Safari 14 on Mac.

3- Would it be possible to bring back the ability to open in a separate window? Command-click (on the Mac) no longer works and there's no context menu available like there would be for a normal link.

4- I see a few "updated" dates of 01/01/01 and a LOT of updated dates of 08/13/21 for builds with order dates of 01/01/01. Is there any way to tell what of those are real and what of those are relics of the migration?

Thank you for building and maintaining this resource!

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I know I'm new here but I've been bouncing between wrangler and 4xe forums for a bit now. My Gecko 4xe Rubicon was ordered on 7/28 officially and hit D1 on 7/29. It's now built and sitting in the storage area waiting for 1 part before it gets a sign off and official shipping date to my dealer. The stars aligned in a completely unpredictable fashion for me and I absolutely feel for those that are left with nothing but questions. I wasn't expecting my order until late October at the earliest, but apparently Jeep decided to plow mine in with a line of other Gecko's. Go figure.
How do you know it's waiting on one part? Where'd you get that information? They insist mine has been fully built, but there are very few 4xes shipping since 05 August.

Mine's probably sitting near yours but I ordered on 10 June, so. you know. I've been waiting a lot longer -- ten weeks -- so I'm far less patient at this point..

Sponsored

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
How do you know it's waiting on one part? Where'd you get that information? They insist mine has been fully built, but there are very few 4xes shipping since 05 August.

Mine's probably sitting near yours but I ordered on 10 June, so. you know. I've been waiting a lot longer -- ten weeks -- so I'm far less patient at this point..
My sales associate is the one to ask for the "it's waiting for 1 part" quote. I guess he's seeing something more than I am with this dealer access (he's completely baffled as to how mine is already more or less done too). Not sure what the hell it is but based on my conversation with him and Jeepchat, it sounds like I'm days away from a shipping date at this point.

Again, no idea how the hell I jumped the line like I did, but that's where I'm at. My guess is the color pushed me up along with my limited options sheet. I didn't go bonkers on extras and Gecko closed for orders the day after they submitted mine (at least for our region). I was fully prepared to wait until late October for mine; guess Jeep corporate has other ideas since Tuscadero is live now.

If I had to throw a random guess out there, I'm gonna say it's tire or wheel related since there is a significant demand out there for new tires and the K02 is fairly popular ($260 a tire for OEM size according to Tire Rack currently which is more than it was a few months ago). I can't imagine they let a 4xe off the line without the chips necessary to get it off the line and to the storage yard unless they are literally doing a hot swap on them to get them moving. Idk what else it could honestly be unless they can't get badges made fast enough for all of the 4xe's coming off the line. lol

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
INCOMING>>>

Here is my order:

Rubicon 4xe
Firecracker Red
Dual Top Group
Black Leather Seats
Steel-Bumper Group
Cold Weather Group
Trailer Tow & Heavy-Duty Electrical Group

Ordered: 7/2/21
VIN: 7/6/21
Gathering Parts: Forever
Build Sticker Found: 8/17/21
Window Sticker Found: 8/19/21

Any idea when it should land at Gupton?

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
We'll probably be on the same truck. My build sheet popped 8/17 as well. Anecdotal evidence says it could arrive as soon as 5 days from build sheet popping, but 10 days is a safer bet. I know of at least one that was body vendor to gupton in 5 days, though when it arrives expect at least several days for it to be prepped for delivery. That's what happens when you order through a volume dealer that gets 40 wranglers dumped on them at a time.

BroSyl

First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Hydro Blue Willys 4dr
Update: Cara strikes again!!!
"We show your order presently has an estimated production plan timing for either the week of August 30th or the week of September 6th." Looks like another another week or 2 until mine is built at least if this is true. Anyone else get an update from Cara like this?
:surprised:😲 I got the EXACT same email with the exact dates! How possible?

JRBJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
I ordered with the 2 safety packages on 7/29/2021. Wrangler is built and delivery to dealer is 8/23 to 9/6.
I would hound the dealer if you don’t have the vin or von. JC was quite helpful. When with JC have all the information. Vin vom and your contact information. When they come on ask if they can check your order and copy and paste the information in. This way they can go right in and look. Remember JC is only looking at a computer so their information could be behind.
I've had both since the end of June. Ordered 6/25 and tomorrow will be 8 weeks. Been contacting JC and dealer 2-3 times per week since the middle of July. Just had my order escalated last week. Looks like you had a nice turnaround. Hopefully your delivery dates hold true!

Sponsored

bogey1opar

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tundra. Ordered 2021 4xe Sahara
:surprised:😲 I got the EXACT same email with the exact dates! How possible?
I got almost the same yesterday except my dates were 23rd or 30th. "She" did through in a non-answer to a question I had asked so a real person actually typed the email rather than an automated response.

Aubie4Pres

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko 4xe Rubicon
Update: Cara strikes again!!!
"We show your order presently has an estimated production plan timing for either the week of August 30th or the week of September 6th." Looks like another another week or 2 until mine is built at least if this is true. Anyone else get an update from Cara like this?
I got the same email this week. I ordered on 5/24, 5/25 VIN and 9/7 build date from my dealer last Friday. It's been a brutal process but things are looking up!

Aubie4Pres

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko 4xe Rubicon
Congrats, I have Gecko 4xe Rubicon ordered on 5/24 with later a build date than you. I can say having lived this for a few months now there is a secret sauce to Jeep production that no one on here knows.

I keep watching the Gecko thread and the 4xe owners thread for the first Gecko 4xe Rubicon. I need to see it!

Kegsworth

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
Has anyone had any problems with their order with a Sport manual transmission? I ordered mine on 06/26/2021 and it just now got all the parts today and is waiting to be put into assembly wait list.
I ordered a Willys Sport Manual on 6/15 and they reported parts finally gathered on 7/30. Came out of G status on 8/13 and finally ready to ship...

Advertisement

Advertisement