JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

LostSoul

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
formerly 1990 YJ, 2019 Ranger F4, future JLUR
another day, another email from Cryptosticker, that little elf has been going email crazy.

5/21 Ordered
8/4 build sheet.
8/5 window sticker.

JLUR
Sarge Green
SOT
GG
Off-road Camera
Rock-Trac Full time
Both safeties
Engine block heater
Cold weather
Trailer Tow

Advertisement

BH6

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Getting updates from the dealer - mine was in Trim yesterday, still nothing on Cryptostickers, but I've had the Canadian window sticker since D status, ages ago.

Estimated ship date is Monday... let's hope!

(ordered April 1)

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2018 4Runner 4X4, 1990 Porsche 964
Getting updates from the dealer - mine was in Trim yesterday, still nothing on Cryptostickers, but I've had the Canadian window sticker since D status, ages ago.

Estimated ship date is Monday... let's hope!

(ordered April 1)
Good luck.

Reactions: BH6

rent

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
you know how we were deducing that scheduling was a function of parts availability and some magical universal constant…

now im thinking this really all comes down to sequencing and commonality in builds.

So if someone orders some weird combination of codes, theyve got to wait for parts, and the magic number of other similar builds before jeep pushes the ‘go’ button. If an order is cancelled, then that lot of similar builds gets regressed.
It's very reasonable to think a company would utilize sequencing and commonality to optimize manufacturing efficiency. Transport logistics may also play a role. If a rail car or truck can hold 5 vehicles (to the same destination), why build 4 vehicles then make them sit in storage and wait for that 5th order?

Putting all these different optimization strategy together, we see, at least from outside in, an opaque and seemingly maddening chaos of a process. Sigh.

I know @nomographer has done some analysis based on the options ordered. I'm wondering if it's possible - if we even have useful data - to also incorporate shipping destination (dealer zip code for example) into an analysis.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Mmmmm maybe. But my question is, what is a weird combination? To me everything on the list is standard. And Jeep tried to standardize it even more by forcing you to buy this with that. Example, if you want 8.4” screen you have to get the entire upgraded souns system as “standard.” If that makes any sense. I don’t know. Im just guessing like everyone else and staring at a growing pile of JL parts waiting for a home.
Yea, but for example, how many snazzberrys vice white jeeps get ordered? And 392 snazzberrys vice 2.0L granites?

by saying that jeep tries to enforce standardization, youre kindof giving the presumption credit.

holdfast… you’ll get your jeep, if not, an ebay account 😂

Also, watch some of the production vids… does it seem that the worker ants are applying any brain power or checking some list??? No. Theyre just shoving what gets out infront of them onto the carcass that’s rolling by. That’s why they (jeep) needs to sequence/build a lot of the same thing, and be careful they dont mis-step by putting a manual in a auto order, or have a manual tran lined up for a 2.0L. It’s all about sequencing.

imagine if they made a mistake. And that one mistake made the 200 other units after with mistakes. Thats a lot of lost time, material, and money, plus the correction effort.

now consider the crazies outside the plant banging on the door ‘where’s my jeep?!??!!’…. Maddening!

jjstelly

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
204 Jeep Wrangler, 2015 Chevy 2500 HD, 2016 Toyota
Well finally got some news today from my dealer, Jeep is on the rail car no ETA. Hope its not on the slow train to Florida with stops in NY with a stop in CA. Ordered 25 May

Ljbdmcb3

First Name
Lisa
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass & order placed for 2021 Jeep Wra
First time poster. Please be gentle.

Ordered 4dr Wrangler Sport Altitude 16th July’21.

Was advised by Jeep Chat yesterday that all parts found and that build should be starting soon.

Is their a typical length of time for it to move to the next stage or is it more of a cross your fingers and hope for the best situation ?

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First time poster. Please be gentle.

Ordered 4dr Wrangler Sport Altitude 16th July’21.

Was advised by Jeep Chat yesterday that all parts found and that build should be starting soon.

Is their a typical length of time for it to move to the next stage or is it more of a cross your fingers and hope for the best situation ?
It appears there is no rhyme or reason. You could have it in a month or be waiting five or six months.

sconrad24

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
So does dealer allocation come into play at all? I ordered a Hydro blue 4xE on 7/24. Got a vin 7/26. Trying to be patient and not ask the dealer yet. I have my fingers crossed though because they had several 4XEs allocated for Aug/September and they said they were just switching in mine.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, but for example, how many snazzberrys vice white jeeps get ordered? And 392 snazzberrys vice 2.0L granites?

by saying that jeep tries to enforce standardization, youre kindof giving the presumption credit.

holdfast… you’ll get your jeep, if not, an ebay account 😂

Also, watch some of the production vids… does it seem that the worker ants are applying any brain power or checking some list??? No. Theyre just shoving what gets out infront of them onto the carcass that’s rolling by. That’s why they (jeep) needs to sequence/build a lot of the same thing, and be careful they dont mis-step by putting a manual in a auto order, or have a manual tran lined up for a 2.0L. It’s all about sequencing.

imagine if they made a mistake. And that one mistake made the 200 other units after with mistakes. Thats a lot of lost time, material, and money, plus the correction effort.

now consider the crazies outside the plant banging on the door ‘where’s my jeep?!??!!’…. Maddening!
Like any politician (me not you)- “Your post seems to support my theory.” Jeep has it down so there is no such thing as a weird configuration. Clearly the workers are bot putting much thought into what they are doing. At least on the assembly line. Someone somewhere is getting the proper parts lined up in the proper order. But whatever that order is, the workers just bolt them together.

My point is, if the is a weird configuration, what is it? Did I order it?

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Like any politician (me not you)- “Your post seems to support my theory.” Jeep has it down so there is no such thing as a weird configuration. Clearly the workers are bot putting much thought into what they are doing. At least on the assembly line. Someone somewhere is getting the proper parts lined up in the proper order. But whatever that order is, the workers just bolt them together.

My point is, if the is a weird configuration, what is it? Did I order it?
No way to know, because your fate is tied to others, and the said coordinator/planner. 😞

Advertisement

Advertisement
WheelsASAP

Advertisement