First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
If this was the route I was taking I’d def be looking into the control arm takeoff package from a rubi. I see them all the time practically being given away.
Sponsored

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
If this was the route I was taking I’d def be looking into the control arm takeoff package from a rubi. I see them all the time practically being given away.
Yeah I just need to know which exact springs to get. I come from the Tacoma world so don’t know much about jeep lifts

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
Hard top equipped model will have higher rate springs than a sold top equipped model.
Hard tops are considerably heavier than soft tops.
Could have fooled me, I didn’t lose any lift height. I’d be curious to see if any other people that got the hard top coming from the soft top upgraded their spring.

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
Most of the take off suspension packages I’ve seen on marketplace have the fox shocks springs and the whole deal.

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
Most of the take off suspension packages I’ve seen on marketplace have the fox shocks springs and the whole deal.
I guess there’s different spring rates for the rubi and you gotta be careful which numbers you get

Sponsored

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
I guess there’s different spring rates for the rubi and you gotta be careful which numbers you get
I personally prefer my suspension stiff, so I don’t think it would matter much. I feel like Jeeps track better when not squishy.

MixlePlixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
New member with a stock 2020 Willys 2.0l turbo looking to do the same ASAP and found this thread very helpful. Thanks everyone! After a comparison of all the 285/70R17 tires in the hybrid kinda range and based on my needs, I am leaning towards the Duratracs or the KO2s. There are a ton of variants within that size and I wanted a meaty tread thats still good in the snow but also trying to keep the weight down on a tire thats an LT with a C or D rating. The KO2s appear to be the only with a C available that can do all that so they win in the weight category coming in at around 50lbs. The Duratracs are a D rating at 54lbs. I know going to a much heavier tire will cause more issues. If I end up going with the slightly heavier Duratracs should I have any concerns about sluggish response times or any kind of performance changes? Originally I wanted to go up to a 295/70R17 but the lightest tire in that size (without going to a ST) is around 59lbs.

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
Hard top equipped model will have higher rate springs than a sold top equipped model.
Hard tops are considerably heavier than soft tops.
actually I meant to ask, where in that chart does it show hard top vs soft top springs? It just seems like a matrix with tons of different options and the willys isn't even included... just the willys sport. I can't find anywhere (official) that says the soft top gets different springs than the hard if thats the ONLY difference between the builds. Sorry if I missed something.

Sponsored

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
actually I meant to ask, where in that chart does it show hard top vs soft top springs? It just seems like a matrix with tons of different options and the willys isn't even included... just the willys sport. I can't find anywhere (official) that says the soft top gets different springs than the hard if thats the ONLY difference between the builds. Sorry if I missed something.
I hear you.... I too didn't find exactly what I was looking for in that chart. That chart was compiled by one of the forum members from user data that was provided to him by users, so it's unfortunately not the complete picture...
But I completely appreciate the guys effort!

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
I hear you.... I too didn't find exactly what I was looking for in that chart. That chart was compiled by one of the forum members from user data that was provided to him by users, so it's unfortunately not the complete picture...
But I completely appreciate the guys effort!
Yeah it was pretty awesome that he did that. I'm still a little leary on them officially using different springs JUST for a top change... but its jeep and I wouldn't be surprised. I don't need to get springs just for the new hardtop since everything seems the same ride-height wise, but would be interesting to know for sure. Thanks again for the help.
Sponsored