FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awfully close to me! Obviously without measurements this is just speculation....but that looks dang close to being able to put JK front bumpers on with little to no fab work.

JK front bumper mounts.jpg
JL front bumper mounts.jpg
Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Why not just shoot that question to ACE on their build thread? They obviously have JK bumpers lying around they could just throw on there for a definitive answer. Plus you'd probably be a hero for answering this highly desired question.

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
@ACE Engineering , care to give it a go? lol LET US KNOW PLZ!
It's different enough that most JK bumpers probably won't fit. With some fab work it's possible that some designs may transfer over, but we're concentrating on designing JL specific bumpers due to the changes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's different enough that most JK bumpers probably won't fit. With some fab work it's possible that some designs may transfer over, but we're concentrating on designing JL specific bumpers due to the changes.
Thanks for the quick response guys, I will most def. try to mount my JK stuff and fab it up to work should it need fabrication. From a business standpoint though yea you def. want to bring out some great JL specific stuff! Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I already asked ACE if they could measure the OEM wheel backspacing, Iā€™m still waiting for an answer; donā€™t hold your breath.
Sorry, not trying to ignore anyone - just busy trying to develop new JL parts. Here's the wheel info.

IMG_2329.JPG

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
Sorry, not trying to ignore anyone - just busy trying to develop new JL parts. Here's the wheel info.

IMG_2329.JPG
Thanks for the response. Is there any info in this image that correlates back to the wheel's backspacing?

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response. Is there any info in this image that correlates back to the wheel's backspacing?
Itā€™s 6 inch back spacing 1 3/4" offset we believe.

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I could be wrong here but....

I think the ET is the number for the offset....it means its offset by 44.45MM I believe. So basically the mounting surface is offset 44.45 millimeters from center of the rim. Which means its 1.75 inches of offset from the center of the rim (I dont know if its negative or positive offset on a Jeep so lets just do both numbers)

Backspacing is based on the how much room from the back of the rim, to the mounting point of the vehicle....(aka it makes it stick out or suck in from the vehicle)

If its a negative offset its 1.75" closer to the vehicle. So the center of a 7.5" rim is 3.75" (this is not offset, just center of the rim).

I do not know if Jeep uses positive (wheel goes in more towards the vehicle) or negative offset (wheel goes out more from the vehicle)...so with that said 1.75" of negative offset is 2" of backspacing on a 7.5" rim. While 1.75" of positive offset is 5.5" of backspacing on a 7.5" rim.

Those are the numbers (I THINK!) based on the ET from the photo....so now we just have to figure out if jeep uses negative or positive (I assume negative)

Edit: ok based on what the ACE guys said Jeep must use positive offset (makes sense since there is not a - marked on the rim) for the JL Sport wheels in question.

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
Itā€™s 6 inch back spacing 1 3/4" offset we believe.
Would it be possible for someone at ACE Engineering to physically measure the distance from the wheelā€™s mounting surface to the back of the wheel diameter edge? A stiff straight edge came be placed over the entire rear edge of the wheel with a ruler measurement from the wheelā€™s mounting surface perpendicular to the bottom of the straight edge as it lays across the wheelā€™s edge.

Thank you.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I realize manufacturers are going to want to sell JL specific parts so it's not in their interest to have us carry our JK parts over, so we are going to have to try JK stuff as people get their JLs. Im still waiting on the diesel so it will be a while for me but I'd love to get my rampage bumper on the JL, would look perfect.

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
I'm just glad the rims transfer over honestly. Time will tell more on the bumpers though.