JL vs JK for short drivers

4DAPUPS

First Name
Kenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corolla, Soon to be JL
I am 5' even on good days! My best friend has a JK and when I drive it, I have to move up so close that it ends up being hard for me to get in and out of the jeep. I have yet to test drive a JL...just wanting some opinions before I spend all that time at a dealership. Is the setup the same in the JL? Has anyone noticed a more comfortable seating position if you are on the short side??
Sponsored

hawkgt

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara
Entry seat height feels just a little lower on the JL, but the seat to steering wheel to pedals felt very close to the same. I'm comparing a 2015 Sahara to a 2018.

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
From from what I've seen spec wise and seat time, the JK has more head room.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I am looking to get a JL. My wife is short. We cant see one till January. If she can't drive it then obviously I won't get one.

I am following this thread.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
go test drive a JL.....our new JL has awesome seat adjustment. not only does it go forward and backward....but
It can be adjusted UP and Down....which was the most important to me. No doubt that you will be able to adjust the seat to your liking.

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
My wife is 5ft and she can adjust to her liking.. Only reason we bought was it could fit her. You won't have any issues. We sat in a Wrangler back in 2002 when we were in the market then and she wouldn't even drive it because it was not adjustable enough then but loved the Wrangler otherwise. We just came back and happy now. She loves to drive it.

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
I am 5' even on good days! My best friend has a JK and when I drive it, I have to move up so close that it ends up being hard for me to get in and out of the jeep. I have yet to test drive a JL...just wanting some opinions before I spend all that time at a dealership. Is the setup the same in the JL? Has anyone noticed a more comfortable seating position if you are on the short side??
I am 5’2” with short legs and I don’t have a problem driving my Rubi at all. I did need to add steps/running boards immediately as it was really hard to get in and out. The dealership added the Mopar steps and all is good. The adjustable seat height and telescoping steering wheel help a lot.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Damn it, now y'all got that old song from the 60s, "Short People," playing in my head!

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The song is from the 70's - have a nice day

OP
OP

4DAPUPS

First Name
Kenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corolla, Soon to be JL
Thank y'all for the responses! That helps knowing it can be adjusted more than the previous models. Definitely going to be test driving it in the next couple months now!

Endeego

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Mojito!); 2015 Ducati Diavel (carbon red); Volvo XC90
Occupation
Shepherd
I have a JLUR and my twin brother has a JKU. We are both 5'6". My JL seating position seems far more adjustable than my brother's JK. In particular, the JL seems to have more height adjustment.

Just my impressions, I didn't bust out a tape measure.
Sponsored