JL Vibrations

elieah

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
This is more about a clunk at low speeds, I didn't see anything about high speed vibrations.
In my case, it's a vibration at high speed... and more of a continuous clunk at low speed... when the dealer opened the differential, they found the oil to be murky... same as described in the cases in that thread... and i do recall couple of people indicated they had the same issue at high speed too... there are 59 pages to read.

Anyways, upto you... however consider that if you have the Dana44 / M220 rear axle with LSD... you have a problem from it most probably
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bmiller

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Do you have a link to which one's you ordered? Aluminum or plastic?
I bought the ones from gorilla automotive, plastic. Be sure to get the size right - they are incredibly precise and the first set I bought were the wrong size. Good thing for free amazon returns.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
So the little spacers didn't help any unfortunately. Gonna check the torques on my front track bar this evening. I also put the spare back on and it seems to have gotten worse. Not sure what that's indicating? Rear track bar issue?

OP
OP

Bmiller

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Dang it, my vibes are back too after a short hiatus. Do feel better with the centering rings though. Seems weird to drive without the wheels centered like they are now. Plus my 12 year old enjoyed learning how to change a tire. First I’ve heard track bar suggested...pls let me know results!

OP
OP

Bmiller

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Off throttle vibration would make me suspect a U-Joint (pinion angle change) Did your lift include adjustable lower links or any castor correction plate?
If you think it might be tire related, try to pinpoint Front or Back then rotate and see if the vibration location follows the tire.
Think this is into something. Went off-roading this weekend (easy way to social distance) and it was way worse in 4wd when front driveshaft was engaged. Also, happened consistently when coasting downhill, similar to when driving an automatic and letting a lower gear slow the car down. Took a pic is the opinion angle - I’m an amateur but it looks pretty steep

714AB395-5AD7-40B9-92A3-48C7E312567B.jpeg
Sponsored