Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
While it seems that nothing has been confirmed(?), the possibility that the new Wrangler may incorporate a MySky like top, at least as an option, as seen in some Renegades, seems reasonable.

Without getting too ahead of myself, I'm curious about the market, if any, for headliners for this new roof design. Is FCA or aftermarket outfits making headliners for this MySky roof type for the Renegade and is it even needed (not to mention such headliners might get in the way of automatic opening features.)

To my understanding, the headliners for the JK Wranglers dealt with taming road noise and extremes of temperature. Are these MySky roof panels somehow better at temperature insulation than the JK Wrangler hardtop, if not noise insulation as well?

By no means am I anti-MySky like design. I like being able to have the best of a hard and soft top all rolled into one that I feel this design provides. I'm just concerned about some of the tradeoffs, if any, I may face if such an option makes its way into the JL Wrangler particular as it relates to the issues that headliners were created to address (noise and temperature fluctuation reduction.)

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Sponsored

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
If it's anything like the Renegade MySky panels then road noise/temperature issues will not be an issue. The Mysky panels already have a headliner built in that insulates from sound and acts as sound deadening. Combine that with the fixed insulated roof around the power top and it should be like sitting in any ole SUV, for good or bad..

Got this from a video demo of the MySky roof.

Mysky.png

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
From what I've read from Renegade owners about their MySky roofs they've mostly been happy with it and no complaints about weather or noise insulation. The only issues I've read are with the rubber weather stripping gaskets. Some sagged, weren't snug, or bulged and led to some complaints of leaks. They needed full replacement but covered under warranty. Owners who had no issues with the weather stripping haven't reported leaks.
Sponsored