Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
30 day review.

Originally planned on installing the standard Trektop but after watching some videos on YouTube decided to spend the extra money and go with the Utlra. No regrets.

The overall fit and finish is very good. No regrets spending the extra money. The material is solid and I really like it. I have no doubts it will last a long time.

The top was stiff initially but worked in good after a couple of weeks. Putting the top up and down is very easy. My wife and 17 year old daughter have no problems with it. No leaks and wind noise is a minimum for what you have. I've had quite a few convertibles over the years so believe me when I say I was impressed with the fit and lack of wind noise.

Removing the rear and side windows is straight forward and once you've done it a few times it is quick and easy. Definitely do yourself a favor and buy the storage bag. You'll hate yourself if you don't.

We're very satisfied with the top and I believe we made a great choice and would recommend the top without reservation.

My only issue is the install instructions are not the best and directional arrows are stamped upside down on the mounting brackets for the hinge/assist assemblies. If you watch any of the various installation videos they will point this out. Just take your time and installation is not that difficult and will take about 3 hours.
Sponsored

TJHUB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Nice to see your review. I've almost pulled the trigger on the purchase a few times now. Maybe tomorrow.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
30 day review.

Originally planned on installing the standard Trektop but after watching some videos on YouTube decided to spend the extra money and go with the Utlra. No regrets.

The overall fit and finish is very good. No regrets spending the extra money. The material is solid and I really like it. I have no doubts it will last a long time.

The top was stiff initially but worked in good after a couple of weeks. Putting the top up and down is very easy. My wife and 17 year old daughter have no problems with it. No leaks and wind noise is a minimum for what you have. I've had quite a few convertibles over the years so believe me when I say I was impressed with the fit and lack of wind noise.

Removing the rear and side windows is straight forward and once you've done it a few times it is quick and easy. Definitely do yourself a favor and buy the storage bag. You'll hate yourself if you don't.

We're very satisfied with the top and I believe we made a great choice and would recommend the top without reservation.

My only issue is the install instructions are not the best and directional arrows are stamped upside down on the mounting brackets for the hinge/assist assemblies. If you watch any of the various installation videos they will point this out. Just take your time and installation is not that difficult and will take about 3 hours.
Hi Dave,
Thanks so much for your honest review and for sharing it with this forum! If you'd like to message me with your full name and address, I'd be happy to pop a few items in the mail for you. Not in exchange for the kind words, but for taking the time to share your experience.
I hope this top gives you many years of good service and know that we have your back if you ever experience any issues.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP
Pegleg

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
I don't have any pictures with the windows out and the top all the way down.

It took a week or so for the the wrinkles to smooth out and everything to settle in. Initially the top was very stiff to open and I would guess the cause was the new gas filled cylinders (shocks) that needed to "break in" some.

I have a Sunbrella Bimini top on my boat that is 10 years old. It has held up amazing well, the color never faded and looks great. The twill top on the ultimate seems to be just about exactly the same fabric as the Sunbrella fabric. If the top holds up like my boat top then there will be no issues.

The Trektop definitely reduces the amount of space in the back compared to a square back top but I think it looks much better so I went with it. Also you don't see many of the slanted back tops in my area and I wanted to be different.

Top folded back.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Trektop Utlra - 30 day review 20210601_110927

In this picture you can see the wrinkles have all but disappeared.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Trektop Utlra - 30 day review 20210531_123647

You can see a few of the wrinkles across the back. This was right after install. These will go away as the top settles in.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Trektop Utlra - 30 day review 20210522_111644

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Trektop Utlra - 30 day review 20210522_111632

Notice the hard top in the back of the picture. That is now in the garage.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Trektop Utlra - 30 day review 20210522_111609

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Trektop Utlra - 30 day review 20210522_111554

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Trektop Utlra - 30 day review 20210601_120023 (1)

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
My only issue is the install instructions are not the best and directional arrows are stamped upside down on the mounting brackets for the hinge/assist assemblies. If you watch any of the various installation videos they will point this out.
Yeah, I dremeled the pins off before I realized that about the arrows. Bestop did send a new set. But she loves the top and really likes that she can fold it back and put it up without help. Can't say the same about her previous JK soft top.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
We also have one on her JLUR and the left side back gas strut keeps popping off its mount. Easy to pop back on but a pain to keep doing it. It is shipped assembled and there does not seem to be a part number.
Sponsored