Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Hi All!
I towed my RV from Central Texas to Central Virginia and the JL exceeded expectations by far.

RV Specs:
Weight 1100lbs (empty)
Tongue weight 150lbs (empty)
Probably had 300lbs of stuff loaded.

Acceleration and breaking were at no time an issue. If felt really strong on in the hills across TN etc.

Kept it around 65-70 and got 14.4 MPG during the 1300mi journey.

Trailer pulled straight as an arrow as well.

Super happy cause I will be dragging this RV all across the country with the JL.

20180211_174429.jpg

20180130_145211.jpg
Sponsored

crik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2018 JLUS
Do you use a brake controller?

OP
OP
Skye

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
thx for sharing. nice little trailer for pulling around behind a Jeep it looks like.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Nice looking trailer. What’s the specifics on it? Make/Model, etc.

Sponsored

crik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2018 JLUS
No. That trailer is so light it doesn't have brakes. Had no issues.
Thx for the reply. Considering something like this trailer and don’t have any experience.

OP
OP
Skye

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
OP
OP
Skye

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
20180206_102601.jpg
20180206_102348.jpg
20180206_102435.jpg

OP
OP
Skye

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Thx for the reply. Considering something like this trailer and don’t have any experience.
It's a simple as it gets, just keep in mind this one has no bathroom. I work 13 hours a day and go to the gym daily so I just use it as a place to crash. Plus most campgrounds have facilities. I just like how light and easy it is to get around.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Travel Trailer question....anyone have any experience with an Airstream Basecamp....they weigh in under 2585lbs and designed to be pulled by small SUVs. Wondering how they handle behind a JKU or JLU.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Skye

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Travel Trailer question....anyone have any experience with an Airstream Basecamp....they weigh in under 2585lbs and designed to be pulled by small SUVs. Wondering how they handle behind a JKU or JLU.
I came really close to getting a basecamp. Walked through one. They seem super nice. I'm sure it would be fine. For me I usually travel more than 1000 miles every time I hook up to it so at that weight I would be stopping for fuel every couple hours and it would make my trips take way longer. Plus personally I didn't want to be near the max rating of the jeep. With gear it would be pushing it but that's just me thinking I didn't want to have to push the jeep hard.
Plus the Basecamp was triple the price of what I settled for.
If you buy one please post about it, might upgrade if you have a good experience.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I came really close to getting a basecamp. Walked through one. They seem super nice. I'm sure it would be fine. For me I usually travel more than 1000 miles every time I hook up to it so at that weight I would be stopping for fuel every couple hours and it would make my trips take way longer. Plus personally I didn't want to be near the max rating of the jeep. With gear it would be pushing it but that's just me thinking I didn't want to have to push the jeep hard.
Plus the Basecamp was triple the price of what I settled for.
If you buy one please post about it, might upgrade if you have a good experience.
Weight is definitely a concern. My Jeep will ultimately be a dingy on an RV rather than pulling a trailer. I need a trailer for very short hauls 100 miles or less. It is expensive...thats the major downside. But otherwise it fits the size and need. Price tag is out there though...still looking but will keep you posted.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
I hadn't seen the BaseCamp, nice. I would add, I have not seen any on the road either.
Surprisingly heavy. But I really like the ATV storage option - that adds a lot of value for me.

I have a TaB Trailer ( which was also an Airstream product when I got mine ) really like it, GVRW is 1,400 lb. and I have lightened it up about 200 lb from that. I am expecting no problems with this behind my 2 door Rubicon. I've pulled it across the country behind my Grand Cherokee with no problems ( except for needing mirror extensions ).

I would add, when I do the trailer, the trip becomes a lot slower and longer - I say "relaxed". I never push it when towing.
Also, a pro-tip: Cruise Control is your best friend. It compensates faster than you can and smoothly pulls the trailer.
TAB and Jeep.jpg

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Ok...now see....this is why this forum is so great.....never heard of a T@B before....those are great looking and for 1/3 the price and might just work for what I need. Thank you for the info...have to go see one in person.
Sponsored