Sponsored

JL Tazer screwed up and screwed me (a little)

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
So I have always had an issue where the odometer would read all 9's. But only recently did the odometer reading stop displaying altogether. It was fine this morning and when I got to the dealership to trade in my wrangler, it would not display. After all this chaos, I left the dealership. I unplugged the unit and now my odometer reading came back, no issues. I don't know where this glitch came from. So now the dealership doesn't want the "risk" of a potentially fraudulent odometer. Headaches. (Milreage reports accurately)
Sponsored

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
Don't give ANY official Jeep stealership ammo to use against you if you're planning to trade/sell to them. Unless you have a good reason to keep the Tazer installed, unmarry it and move on. I reprogrammed my tire size with JSCAN because of the headaches the Tazer was causing me. No unnecessary extra programming to deal with and modules to marry/unmarry for service visits.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I'm going to keep my new vehicle stock, so I'm going to walk away from the tazer. They can do with it as they want.

I am in the process of selling it right now. It was just a ploy on their behalf to lowball the trade.

I wish you could just buy a vehicle through the manufacture.

I'm going to get my vehicle and then refinance out from under the whole situation just in spite.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Shouldā€™ve just taken the Tazer off and sold it here. I wouldā€™ve taken it off your hands šŸ’šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Every time I think I should pull the trigger on a taser, I happen upon one of these horror story threads and immediately put a stop to my order. Lol
Most of those horror stories were probably owner induced, much like this story. This couldā€™ve been completely avoided had the module been unmarried and never mentioned.

Sponsored

Deleted member 72291

Most of those horror stories were probably owner induced, much like this story. This couldā€™ve been completely avoided had the module been unmarried and never mentioned.
Very good point.

My current Hangup is that Iā€™m a Mac user/developer, and since the Tazer doesnā€™t currently support the platform it doesnā€™t make sense for me to make the purchase. Iā€™m not buying a Windows PC just for the Tazer. Hoping they get Mac support resolved.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Very good point.

My current Hangup is that Iā€™m a Mac user/developer, and since the Tazer doesnā€™t currently support the platform it doesnā€™t make sense for me to make the purchase. Iā€™m not buying a Windows PC just for the Tazer. Hoping they get Mac support resolved.
When I had my Tazer a few months ago, I was able to update the firmware using my Mac without issues. Maybe I got lucky, or are there other Mac-specific issues with it?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Very good point.

You should also check to see if JSCAN gives you what you need. The Tazer is the typical default, but if never using the "extra" features over JSCAN, it may not make sense.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
So I have always had an issue where the odometer would read all 9's. But only recently did the odometer reading stop displaying altogether. It was fine this morning and when I got to the dealership to trade in my wrangler, it would not display. After all this chaos, I left the dealership. I unplugged the unit and now my odometer reading came back, no issues. I don't know where this glitch came from. So now the dealership doesn't want the "risk" of a potentially fraudulent odometer. Headaches. (Milreage reports accurately)
Did you follow the Tazer's instructions to the letter?

Deleted member 72291

You should also check to see if JSCAN gives you what you need. The Tazer is the typical default, but if never using the "extra" features over JSCAN, it may not make sense.
Yeah, Iā€™ve looked into JSCAN and a few other options, but the Tazer seems to be the better investment and gives some functions Iā€™d prefer to have available.
Sponsored