Sponsored

JL ** SUNRIDER FOR HARDTOP ** BESTOP (Video and Photos)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I was talking more about forum posts like this thread, but wherever one of these "reviews" is posted: the fact that the product is a promotional(free or demo) should be disclosed. Any company affiliations, also.

It also sucks that: people who have pre-ordered have to wait, while these prototype(promotional) products are prioritized over them.
I get why you feel this way. If it's of any consolation, the promotional items may not have all the kinks out of them that hopefully the production models will.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Yes, the prototypes go to beta testers that then provide feedback to make the production model you get better.

So don't be too jelly. All in good time.

I'm still waiting for the soft tops myself. Hope those beta testers are being critical. I want a great top for next summer.

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if this will work without the hardtop. It would be nice to have something like this when the top is off. It could keep just the front from getting soaked in the summer

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Does anyone know if this will work without the hardtop. It would be nice to have something like this when the top is off. It could keep just the front from getting soaked in the summer
I'm speculating but... I'd say there would be no issue running the Sunrider without the hard top itself. The Sunrider does not mount to any part of the hard top itself.

By the way, Guy's have reported here that they run with the 2 Freedom Panels on, with the hard top off.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I’m confused, in the video he says they have a retractable sunshade coming. Then the next several comments posters ask will they make a retractable sunshade? So was the video added later or do people not watch the video.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Yes, you can run the Sunrider for Hardtop without the hardtop if you would like to.

@Solidaxle The retractable shade is coming as well, I love to think people watch our videos in full and pay attention to EVERY details ;) But i am aware that is not the case :cwl: They probably missed the part where it mentions the Retractable Sunshade for the JL is sold separately. The JK Sunshade is currently avlaible.

CassieAtBestop

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@BestopTeam i would love be to see the retractable sunshade, I currently have the Spiderwebshade JLKini and sometimes I have wanted to just open it up on part of the outing I am on and then run closed but it’s a hassle with the current top.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I drove just under 60 miles an hour and it was perfect… It does stick up a little bit but it does come with the Velcro tiedowns so it will not move
That is my only problem with this product (aside from price...lol) is how it sticks up. Would be nice if it folded more flat because with it up it will cause more wind resistance which typically = noise.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Would also be nice if getting this in a particular color was an option, I have the matching red top and the black top on only the front part would look terrible I think.

OP
OP
JLGuyFTLD

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
Would also be nice if getting this in a particular color was an option, I have the matching red top and the black top on only the front part would look terrible I think.
I will bring that up to BESTOP! NOT A BAD QUESTION at all!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLGuyFTLD

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
there is def. no noise. its smooth for me

MrFritz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara
COMING REAL SOON MY FELLOW JL PEEPS!

OPEN AIR IN A MATTER OF SECONDS!!

Made EXCLUSIVELY for 2018 JL WRANGLER

Make your JL a convertible today!

The JL Sunriders for Hard Tops are shipping VERY SOON!!

BLACK DIAMOND & BLACK TWILL

Admin Edit: see the Sunrider For Hardtop in action:

1EDBE2EA-CED6-4CD4-A6A7-75DBDA26CA46.jpeg

635C5628-A2C3-49B8-945B-437C6DD978CE.jpeg

BAB23331-4F59-45AD-9D34-DF3F00EDB4C3.jpeg

9B581A4D-8268-42F7-BAA6-13D215D839D0.jpeg

0930C1AC-8213-4EC0-9DEB-9780641DC7F8.jpeg
[/QUOT
Do you also have a retractable sunshade coming out? The Sunrider won’t be an option for me because of my roof rack.

59DC2C97-CCFB-42B8-A77A-ECACD6CD949F.jpeg
can the factory hard top be put back on without much hassle for winter driving? Thanks!

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I second that. I've got the matching billet silver hardtop and I'm guessing the black Sunrider wouldn't look very good with it. If anyone with that color combination (or really any non-black painted hardtop) has ordered one and gets it installed I'd love to see some pictures to see how it looks. Or if @BestopTeam could post some pictures of the black Sunrider on different colored JLUs that would be great as well.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
When we start receiving pictures on color hardtops i will be sure to post them. I can say that it doesn't look bad from the JKs i have seen. The issue with color matching is that the top is fabric so the match is not always perfect, and Jeep likes to switch up their colors each year.

CassieAtBestop

I second that. I've got the matching billet silver hardtop and I'm guessing the black Sunrider wouldn't look very good with it. If anyone with that color combination (or really any non-black painted hardtop) has ordered one and gets it installed I'd love to see some pictures to see how it looks. Or if @BestopTeam could post some pictures of the black Sunrider on different colored JLUs that would be great as well.
Sponsored