Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
This is great news. Gives us all hope! I'll be DIYing the box on mine.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Just got mine back today. The feedback from the steering box is night and day difference. I still had some drifting today but I attributed mainly to the cross winds on the highway driving. Need to center the steering wheel, get my Synergy brace back on, and get an alignment to really drive it up to speed. Only got it up to 86 today.

OP
OP
Jersey joe

Jersey joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited sport
Just got mine back today. The feedback from the steering box is night and day difference. I still had some drifting today but I attributed mainly to the cross winds on the highway driving. Need to center the steering wheel, get my Synergy brace back on, and get an alignment to really drive it up to speed. Only got it up to 86 today.
If the dealership did your steering box update alignment should have been part of that. My dealer did steering box and alignment under warranty.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
If the dealership did your steering box update alignment should have been part of that. My dealer did steering box and alignment under warranty.
What size tires are you on? They didn’t want to do mine because of the 37s :swear:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jersey joe

Jersey joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited sport
What size tires are you on? They didn’t want to do mine because of the 37s :swear:
Mine is stock, no mods now that the steering issue is fixed I will make some small mods to it.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Mine is stock, no mods now that the steering issue is fixed I will make some small mods to it.
Yeah I’m surprised they even decided to swap it for me. They initially declined doing the work but after I picked it up for some other work they agreed to do it. Mine is lifted on 37s, with Steer Smarts tie rod/ drag link and a Synergy brace.

BriKan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Just had my steering update done on my 2019 wrangler. It's finely fixed after 2 previous attempt's, no loose steering no more struggling to stay in the lane.
Picked up a 2019 Sahara 2 weeks ago and after researching online, had the same complaint as everyone else on lose steering and pulling to one side with the steering wheel coked to one side. Problem gets worse as the box warms up. Took to dealer Wednesday, Parts aren't even allowed to be ordered for them til 12/7 and then they'll call me to schedule appointment. Seems they're going to replace my box, assembly and reflash my sofware. Hopefully it helps. I can update after mid december..

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
OK, TSB done on Monday, they said my steering is pulling to the right and need an alignment, but it was more like the Steering wheel isn't centering after they changed out the steering gear. Fixed easily myself by adjusting my Drag-Link. My Jeep is tracking a lot better now, but then I probably need to wait until the Summer before I can tell if it has truly fixed the issue.
The steering does feel Notchy especially for it's first 10-15 degrees, it's more noticeable when I try to do a slalom motion on the steering wheel going left and right, or changing lane quickly and back, but not so much when you are just driving along of making turns. I am happy with the result so far with just 45min of driving.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I took my 2020 JLUR in back in September and the new steering box was placed on order. I still have not received the box. Called the dealer again today and was told that all deliveries have been placed on hold because the new boxes are having problems and FCA is now doing an engineering investigation on them which I am being told will take until December 20th to complete.
Sponsored