Sponsored

JL steel bumper winch

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Can anyone confirm exactly which Warn model is being rebranded for the Mopar premium winch?
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Zeon 8, 10, and 12 (excluding multi-mount versions) are the same size however the 12-S has an 80' rope vs the 10-S and 8-S 100'.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
This is disapointing.. got my JLU Rubi today and has steel bumpers and can't put winch on It?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I used to buy Warn's, my last Warn being a 9500TI. The past two I had failed and with Warn wanting you to ship them to them for warranty - at your expense, I switched. The winch I have on my JK is a smittybilt and was a third of the price of my last Warn (at least). It has always worked for me and I know if it does fail, all I have to do is take it to 4Wheel Parts and they'll replace it.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are no mounting points.. I guess you have to spend over $300 Just for a mounting plate.. not what I would have thought about a Rubi steel bumper..

Sponsored

sadass

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98. 5.9 ZJ 7"LA's F/R locked 2000 WJ DD
Occupation
Semi-Conductor Equipment Tech.
Vehicle Showcase
I have had several winches over my life time. I started with the Warn's,steel cable. Then when all the market got swamped with all the affordable winches(Cheaper) that looked like they were made from the same plant all with a different MFG sticker. That is when I gave me current winch a chance. I Paid $400 bucks shipped from RC . I have had that same winch for over 7 years. During my search I found Just about all the winches are made to the same mounting dimensions from what I have seen. When I got my Rough Country 9500, Synthetic- line winch with wire less remote, I was nervous, But since then, I have not looked back. Trust me when I say its been used and abused. Sure I have add a few issues as has my Sons. However, RC had stood by there product and made it rite.
#1, I will never use a steel cable again. Synthetic is King for me. It takes out the safety issues. No stored energy released like a lightning bolt when steel cable breaks taking a bee line to lop off someones limbs like it has been know to do. Also, Synthetic line is way lighter, thus so much easier to work with when your walking down a steep hill or thru a deep mud pit to go hook up. I just spool out a hand full, lock the spool and walk down to what ever I am winching out and hook up. Another Bonus comes with the wireless remote. You can control the winch now at point of use . you can see first hand what your working with. i.e how much your load is moving and what may be obstructing your pull. Its overall just a better safer way to winch verse the view you get behind you windshield from the driver seat. If needed, I would just ask someone to hop in my Jeep., Apply the break and maybe give a little throttle to bump up the RPM's /charging system. There are so many winch choices out today. again. Most are built to the same mounting dimensions to be universal when it comes to mounting in different winch bumpers. . Just do your self a favor and get synthetic line first if you can.. especially if you are new to winching and or wheeling. Then I say get the wireless remote is the Bee's Knee's. That little devil is worth its weight in gold to me.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are no mounting points.. I guess you have to spend over $300 Just for a mounting plate.. not what I would have thought about a Rubi steel bumper..
Rustys has a mounting plate in stock for $229

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The warn zeon won't fit inside the factory steel bumper right?
There's another thread that says this... Something isn't right as the "Rubicon Winch" that Mopar sells is a Zeon. I don't know what the true answer is on this...waiting and hoping as I've got a Zeon waiting to be installed.
Sponsored