Sponsored

JL Stealthbox

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
To whom it may concern, the JL stealthbox was once $750 just for the enclosure, its now $770 but includes their 10" sub. For anyone wanting a great sub that fits perfectly and is unobtrusive, take a look. I'm in on it now, still pricey but worth it now with sub included...
Sponsored

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
To whom it may concern, the JL stealthbox was once $750 just for the enclosure, its now $770 but includes their 10" sub. For anyone wanting a great sub that fits perfectly and is unobtrusive, take a look. I'm in on it now, still pricey but worth it now with sub included...
I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure that the JL Audio Stealthbox has always came with the 10” sub installed. The SSV sub box had the option of having a sub installed or just an enclosure.

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure that the JL Audio Stealthbox has always came with the 10” sub installed. The SSV sub box had the option of having a sub installed or just an enclosure.
Oh maybe you're correct, but I was looking at them last year and I swore they were empty, that's why I wasn't willing to part with $750 just for the enclosure, but now I'll bite. Don't like underseat subs and want my cargo space open, this is perfect for that

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Now just waiting for them to release one that fits 2-door JL’s...Me thinks coming soon :)

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now just waiting for them to release one that fits 2-door JL’s...Me thinks coming soon :)
Just found the alpine PWD-X5, its an 8" sub with 165W, a 4ch amp at 25 W RMS for speakers, and even has built in DSP...super clean easy install it should fill out the sound well enough for me, can get it as low as $535 on amazon. I'm going that route, just not sure if I'm going to mount under front seats or in back. I'd like to place it under rear seats, make custom brackets with fly nuts so I can remove it if I need to fold rear seats down, which is very rare, especially with 2 kids seats...

Sponsored

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Just found the alpine PWD-X5, its an 8" sub with 165W, a 4ch amp at 25 W RMS for speakers, and even has built in DSP...super clean easy install it should fill out the sound well enough for me, can get it as low as $535 on amazon. I'm going that route, just not sure if I'm going to mount under front seats or in back. I'd like to place it under rear seats, make custom brackets with fly nuts so I can remove it if I need to fold rear seats down, which is very rare, especially with 2 kids seats...
Looking at this guy also. Please post any reviews if you do the install.

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at this guy also. Please post any reviews if you do the install.
Its coming tomorrow, but I wont be putting it in for a few months. Got a friend in NY, I'm in NH, that does custom installs. I know I can install myself but he will know better how and where to mount it, and also how to tune it correctly. He will also fab brackets for wherever we decide is best to place it. I' not expecting earth shattering results, just fuller sound with a bit more punch, maybe a tad more volume would be nice, especially with top down doors off weather in a few months, cant wait to get soft top back on! Anyway I'l post my opinions when I get it in. Thanks for the interest, it really looks like a slick little unit for us older gentleman that are in no need to blast windows off...
Sponsored