SoCalWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Occupation
Engineer/ Real Estate Agent
Vehicle Showcase
A buddy of mine spotted this in Pala, California. Now time to see if anything else could be found from the shot that we dont already know about.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL spotted in California! {filename}
Sponsored

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
Seems like a wasted opportunity to test out the remote proximity push button start lol :giggle:

PSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Good spot! But door was wide open for interior shot! :headbang:

I don't spot anything on exterior that's revealing anything new.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The important question here is which fuel is he pumping into the tank? The handle, unfortunately, doesn't look green.

Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I would run right up on that MF, taking a video! Knowing that every frame of video itself is a jpeg !

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
these guys spaz so hard if they see you with a camera. be careful. I speak from experience. lol. they should know if they're going to be on public roads. duh.

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
It may just be me, but it seems everyone of these pics has the same driver, is this guy driving the 2018's all over the country and that's his job? Pretty sweet gig if so. Maybe they have a bunch of 50+ year old drivers, and they just appear to be the same guy! :bandit:

DropTopGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA: 2018 JL Wrangler, 2017 GS Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I like those black wheels and tire combo in the pic. While a beefier tire would certainly look more aggressive, the wheel / tire in the above pic would work for me for a while.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Personally, I like those black wheels and tire combo in the pic. While a beefier tire would certainly look more aggressive, the wheel / tire in the above pic would work for me for a while.
The KO2 is an excellent tire and definitely a welcome replacement to the KM. It doesn't add much to performance on the trail, but it's phenomenally better in rain and snow.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
It may just be me, but it seems everyone of these pics has the same driver, is this guy driving the 2018's all over the country and that's his job? Pretty sweet gig if so. Maybe they have a bunch of 50+ year old drivers, and they just appear to be the same guy! :bandit:
There was a woman driving the JT.

And this guy seems to have a shaved head and ball cap, some of the other photos had a dude with blond hair, and another with darker hair.

In this thread you can see 4 occupants, and the guy in this photo is the one in the red shirt loading the camo/tarp into the back of the other mule.

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...on-grille-and-and-led-headlights-exposed.118/

All of them seem rather 'soft' lookng though, which likely comes from spending hours driving around in the test mules. :cwl:

And of course the Duratracs also make an appearance in that mule along with the KO2s on the one behind it.

BTW, a job posting for (IIRC) 7 Wrangler test drivers at the Chelsea and off-road proving ground was posted last year. I remember seeing it when I was researching a customer on glassdoor. Didn't seem like a lot of monetary incentive, but likely a great job for an empty nester or someone with modest living requirements. If it weren't on the other side of the continent from skiing, I might've checked into it.

edit: Ooops, link didn't paste properly, added it in.

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The KO2 is an excellent tire and definitely a welcome replacement to the KM. It doesn't add much to performance on the trail, but it's phenomenally better in rain and snow.
I agree with the prowess of the KO2 as well as the Duratracs they are testing, but they won't be replacing the KMs, the KM2 is expected to replace the KMs (I would prefer the MTR for tread pattern), the KO2 is not agressive enough for a Rubi/HR/Recon.The KO2 is expected more as a replacement for the Dueller which is a weak tyre in the cold, and not aggressive enough formthe trail. They already use the KO2s on special editions, like the Black Bear and last 2 years of Winter editions, my Aspen-X unfortunately got the Silent Armors (like the 75A), I would've prefered the KO2s for sure.

With the JL, the Rubicon is expected to get a more standard LT size tyre it will open up a lot of 'stock' options that weren't available in the past, heck even the stock size Duratracs were only a late addition, and even then they are C rated, so not as durable as those most people seek out in the D & E rated options and need to adjust sizes.

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
Ditto. Big fan of the new JLU Rubicon wheel design.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL spotted in California! {filename}
Sponsored