JL sports S tail light LED conversion

AeonFrost

First Name
Xylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Unlimited Granite Gray
Hey guys, Need some directions and help, i bought some LED light bulbs for my jeeps tail light, after i got the hyper flasg i went to autozone to get some 6om resistors. But i have no idea which wires on the Jl tail light to splice.

do i splice the tail light housing? Or the wire harness assembly inside the body? If so what color?

Any advice would be appreciated
Sponsored

monkey6

First Name
Korie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T, 2021 JTM
Not sure if it helps, but here's a pic of the resistor wiring that comes spliced into the Oracle LED replacement taillights that I just got in yesterday.
IMG_20191203_190646.jpg

OP
OP
AeonFrost

AeonFrost

First Name
Xylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if it helps, but here's a pic of the resistor wiring that comes spliced into the Oracle LED replacement taillights that I just got in yesterday.
IMG_20191203_190646.jpg
Thanks, unfortunately that don’t help much, my wiring come withs black, purple, green, blue, yellow and orange wire.

monkey6

First Name
Korie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T, 2021 JTM
Thanks, unfortunately that don’t help much, my wiring come withs black, purple, green, blue, yellow and orange wire.
Sorry, wasn't too sure how it compares to stock. I was sitting in the garage smoking a cigar and the box was right there.

Should be the same position in the connector though as these connect right up to the stock harness.

OP
OP
AeonFrost

AeonFrost

First Name
Xylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, wasn't too sure how it compares to stock. I was sitting in the garage smoking a cigar and the box was right there.

Should be the same position in the connector though as these connect right up to the stock harness.
Lol, a cigar sounds really good right now, i know black is ground (captain obvious here) so i need to figure out which one correspond to the red in your picture. Thanks for the help anyway

Sponsored

monkey6

First Name
Korie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T, 2021 JTM
Lol, a cigar sounds really good right now, i know black is ground (captain obvious here) so i need to figure out which one correspond to the red in your picture. Thanks for the help anyway
It's on the opposite side of the connector. So the side that has the most wires, it'll be the wires on both ends.

OP
OP
AeonFrost

AeonFrost

First Name
Xylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's on the opposite side of the connector. So the side that has the most wires, it'll be the wires on both ends.
i see, yea one set of 3 wires, on opposite ends, thanks ill try that see if it works. If not ill just keep my oem lights for now and buy a new set of lights later.
Sponsored