JL Sport with Rubicon Hood

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
Even with the stickers, who cares? Yea it's kind of posing a little, but if it makes you happy do it. People put a lot worse on their cars.

Plus you'll know the truth, and that's what matters ;)

PS, and your fenders would give you away
Sponsored

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
I'd say if the hood has the look you want, and you have the money - get the hood. Not like it's a 2018-JLU-Rubicon-Only hood or anything (and even if it was, who cares - you aren't the only person on the planet that would / will do this)

If it was me tho, there is no way I would go with stickers that said "Rubicon" on them; why would I waste money on something everyone else has? you can get stickers that say anything you want them to - and in any color you want them to be.

I think one of the benefits of Jeep ownership is customization starts at 50 cents and goes to $50k.

I'd still put stickers on it - because stickers rock - but they'd be something like "First Team" or "Chief" or something Army related

....or something funny like "Don't Follow Me, You Won't Make It" or "Watch This"

alexJL

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR ordered - owned 21, 19, 14, 08
YES of course do it! I did this on my 2014 Sahara a long with 10a bumpers and it changed the look of the vehicle for me. Hard to look at the regular hoods after. I vote no stickers, unless you find a cool non rubicon one you like. Good Luck!.
p.s. I had mine come in primer and painted / installed at a Jeep dealer for $300.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
It's a good looking hood. Customize your rig all you want.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Do anything you want. Even leave the sticker on, but delete the I and C. lol It will give people a chuckle, which we need a lot more of especially on the road to counter balance road rage. Or delete the R, U and B.

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
The only downside is finding someone selling the JL Rubi hood. There was a member a month ago with a totaled JLUR but doubt you can get the hood now and most likely have to buy new unless you are patient...very patient!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd

Grimm_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I own a JL Unlimited Sport. I really like the Rubicon hood and i see they sell it at the Mopar website. Do you guys think it's a good idea to replace my Sport's hood with a Rubicons hood (if i get it ill def be taking out the "Rubicon" decals)? Would it be weird if i have a Rubicon hood on a Sport?

Thank You,

Jesus S.
It's your Jeep. You should do what makes you happy. It is a great looking vented hood. There is no reason not to.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I say go for it.

But, I’d wait for AEV to come out w a JL hood.

Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
There will be someone that will trade. I will most definitely get the Rubicon, but would love the sport/Sahara hood.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I'd love to find a white one for trade or for sale. Not sure I'd pay Mopar's inevitable high price.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have not decided yet on color. It will either be white, silver, or staying gray. The one thing that I’m worried about though, is if you don’t get a similar year Hood, there might be some paint fade. Hopefully it shouldn’t matter over the first couple years. Secondly, I’m worried about the hinge area. It looks like The fasteners in the hinge are painted all as one unit. If you can’t do those he will inevitably get chipping.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

There will be someone that will trade. I will most definitely get the Rubicon, but would love the sport/Sahara hood.
I have a White Sport S and would pay to swap up to the Rubicon JL hood.
Sponsored