JL Sport Steering Wheel swap to 392 Steering Wheel

DSMJL

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Looking to do a steering wheel swap on a Sport to a 392 Wheel. Like the gold stitching, but they mentioned the radio controls will need to be modified as 392 comes with paddle shifters. "These are fairly simple to swap out, but the back audio controls have to be made to fit as these wheels are designed to work with the paddle shifters."

Has anyone done this swap? Sorry if repost, new to site and tried doing search and couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Sounds like a lot of work for gold stitching, but that’s just me.

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

I think litebrite on YT did that swap. I'm pretty sure you can get the paddle shifters to work also if you use the taser mini too.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I've had steering wheels rewrapped on sports cars. They come out great - WAY better than any Jeep transplant. You pick the leather; you pick the thickness; you pick the texture; you pick the stitching. Likely cheaper as well.

The only downside is you'll be out-of-pocket while they turnaround your job. Mine weren't for daily drivers, so it didn't matter.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/

Sponsored

Garri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
I swapped with the 392 steering wheel on my Rubicon JL. I coloured the seams with a red fabric Sharpie to match the rest of the seams. I coded with Jscan OBD, and all the radio commands and the paddles shifter work perfectly.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Looking to do a steering wheel swap on a Sport to a 392 Wheel. Like the gold stitching, but they mentioned the radio controls will need to be modified as 392 comes with paddle shifters. "These are fairly simple to swap out, but the back audio controls have to be made to fit as these wheels are designed to work with the paddle shifters."

Has anyone done this swap? Sorry if repost, new to site and tried doing search and couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.
The 392 wheel should come with the paddles and correct steering wheel controls.

You can add them to non-392 wheels. Infotainment.com sells a kit:

https://infotainment.com/shop/interior-accessories/paddle-shifter/c-bdlshft-18jl/

jeeptrailrunner

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JLR 6MT
I've had steering wheels rewrapped on sports cars. They come out great - WAY better than any Jeep transplant. You pick the leather; you pick the thickness; you pick the texture; you pick the stitching. Likely cheaper as well.

The only downside is you'll be out-of-pocket while they turnaround your job. Mine weren't for daily drivers, so it didn't matter.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/
Just out of curiosity, how much did it cost you? Turn around time?
I like a thicker steering wheel the leather on our current wheels is not very good
cheers
ken
Sponsored