JL SPORT S OR WILLYS SPORT S?? COLOR?

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Obnoxious tire noise complaints when buying a jeep... if that is your concern don’t buy a wrangler.
So you have to buy a Jeep with MT's?:facepalm::facepalm:
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I crawled Under mine and compared part numbers Springs are the same as the Sport, shocks are the same as a Rubicon.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
As far as MTs go, they’re the best I’ve had. It’ll likely get ATs when these are done and more than likely they’ll be Firestones again. I’m impressed. They do howl a little though. If you get a new one and don’t like them, trade them in on some ATs right away. Careful what you pick though. I’ve had Toyo ATs louder than these

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If you plan to get bigger tires and a lift in the near future just go w/ the Sport S. If you plan to keep it as-is, go w/ the Willys.

You can get the D44 w/ the Sport S if you select the no-spin rear differential pkg. this also comes w/ Bridgestone ATs vs. the soccer-mom All Season Michelins.

Bigger brakes are a plus, but you could also upgrade the stock brake pads for a mere $75 (plus labor) :)

Sponsored

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
The Willys has the euro bumper caps. I just cut mine the other day.

A Sport S also can be pretty well equipped.
My 2020 Willys did not come with the Euro bumper caps.

Z6nJdRz.jpg

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Yeah, if it's not going to be off the pavement on a regular basis, there is no point in getting the mud-terrains unless you're in love with the look. I wouldn't call them obnoxious though, they are very livable on the highway and aren't much worse than any of the LT all-terrain tires that I've run on other rigs.

Mustard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 X 2006 Ford Rangers and 1 B4000 work vehicles.
I agree you have to expect some noise but there’s no point exacerbating the noise by opting for mud tires if you are primarily on pavement. . The Adventure A/T’s are sugnificantly quieter and steer much better on pavement and are suited to light off road.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the OP is asking about the Willys Sport, as opposed to the just the Willys. There’s a $5,000 difference between the two.

OP: if the gf wants black and you get her white, that will establish a certain pattern in that relationship. Black is indeed a PITA to own; perhaps Granite would give you two a happy medium.

—Dr. Phil.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I believe the OP is asking about the Willys Sport, as opposed to the just the Willys.

OP: if the gf wants black and you get her white, that will establish a certain pattern in that relationship. Black is indeed a PITA to own; perhaps Granite would give you two a happy medium.

—Dr. Phil.
Agreed. Take her to the dealer and let her pick what color she likes. If he’s paying, he can pick the price he likes.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I guess we all arrive at our answer from a different perspective but I think paying for cosmetic factory upgrades like wheels and stickers is silly when they end up getting replaced with aftermarket parts anyway.

you could get a rubicon take off factory plastic bumper for free any day of the week. I’ve got one. Rubicon shocks and springs, $400. Rubicon wheels and tires $900. The only thing hard to find are take off rock rails for a 2 door. They cost $188 at extreme terrain.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Mine is a 2020. I posted the part numbers in another thread. I’ll have to look them up. They are the same part numbers as a Rubicon though.
Sponsored