JL SPORT S OR WILLYS SPORT S?? COLOR?

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Getting a 2 door for the gf. Not sure what the difference is between Sport S and the Willys Sport S.
She wants soft top, 2 door, auto, 4 cyl. turbo, cloth seats. Basic.
She insists on black but that color worries me for swirls, I’d rather white for her.
So what’s the diff between the two models???
Sponsored

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
Getting a 2 door for the gf. Not sure what the difference is between Sport S and the Willys Sport S.
She wants soft top, 2 door, auto, 4 cyl. turbo, cloth seats. Basic.
She insists on black but that color worries me for swirls, I’d rather white for her.
So what’s the diff between the two models???
Compared to the Sport S the Willys gives you black Moab wheels, LT255/75 mud tires, larger brakes, different shocks, black grille, "Willys" decal on side of hood, "4 Wheel Drive" decal on rear, different front bumper, limited slip, no "Euro" air dams between front bumper and front fenders, and rock rails.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2019RubiconNY

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Compared to the Sport S the Willys gives you black Moab wheels, LT255/75 mud tires, larger brakes, different shocks, black grille, "Willys" decal on side of hood, "4 Wheel Drive" decal on rear, different front bumper, no "Euro" air dams between front bumper and front fenders, and rock rails.
Well when you put it that way it seems like it’s a little worth it

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The Willys has the euro bumper caps. I just cut mine the other day.

A Sport S also can be pretty well equipped.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Id say get the willys. Bigger brakes, LSD package (rear dana 44), 32 M/T tires, rubicon shocks, and a bunch of goodies you get on the sport S. I think willys is a better deal than sport S.

And I am not entirely sure, but the willys I've seen look taller than the sport, so springs might be stiffer? I am not sure though, and would love to see one with the sway bar disconnected to check if articulation resembles rubicon.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
They look taller because the tires are 32" vs 30.5" So that's 3/4" taller.

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Is this going to be parked in a garage or a safe area? If not I would start with the hard top. Also I would go with the 6 (just preference).

Are you ordering or getting off dealer lot?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Get her the Willy’s, it doesn’t matter if it’s black or white. She’s going to love it either way as well as the ride.

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
How good is she with tire maintenance? Go Sport if she is not. She will have to rotate the mud terrain tires on the Willys very often. If she insists on black you should get it or she will always say that she loves her Jeep but wished it was black.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I drove the Willys and the tire noise was a little obnoxious for my tastes. I had a 2003 TJ with BFG Mud Terrains on it and they were even louder. The tires that come on the Willys will be noisier than the ones on the Sport. Not a biggie but just something to consider. If you need/want the super aggressive tire that come on the Willys then maybe that's a plus, I dunno.

Mustard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 X 2006 Ford Rangers and 1 B4000 work vehicles.
Driving on mud tires is not a pleasant experience if you’re mostly on road. My brother has the Willys w/the Firestone’s and they look cool but pavement ride was terrible compared to the A/T Adventure/Kevlars that he switched to after a few months.

Northern88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler jl 2 dr
Obnoxious tire noise complaints when buying a jeep... if that is your concern don’t buy a wrangler. For your gf it sounds like you could save some coin and buy a sport from the start and throw on some extras down the road if needed.
P.S. I absolutely love my 2.0 turbo and I wish I went with a soft top instead of the hardtop.
Sponsored

Last edited: