wild32hotrod

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler, 2007 jk wrangler 2500hd silverado
I’ve bought a rubicon front steel bumper that’s got the led fog lights in it
Question is can I just plug them up and they will work l have the non-leds in my bumper now or can I take the fog lights out of my plastic bumper and will they fit in the steel bumper, I have the brackets for both bumpers? Could not find a thread on this thanks
Sponsored

ndross475

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the same boat, just bought a Rubi bumper today to go on a Sahara with halogens... I am no expert but I have been researching this for the last week and will share what I have learned... The Rubi fogs and halogen fogs mount differently.. Can you get the halogens to mount I don't know for sure... If you want to go with the rubi LEDs I have been told they will work but an adapter is required I believe for anti-flickr. The other issue with this route which is where I am stuck debating, is the Head lights and Fender DRL lights will be a different color, if that matters to you.... I have seen posts and videos on people who have swapped bulbs using adapters, search the forum I found one late last night, if I can find it again I will forward it to you. I will post more as I progress through my swap...

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I am in the same boat, just bought a Rubi bumper today to go on a Sahara with halogens... I am no expert but I have been researching this for the last week and will share what I have learned... The Rubi fogs and halogen fogs mount differently.. Can you get the halogens to mount I don't know for sure... If you want to go with the rubi LEDs I have been told they will work but an adapter is required I believe for anti-flickr. The other issue with this route which is where I am stuck debating, is the Head lights and Fender DRL lights will be a different color, if that matters to you.... I have seen posts and videos on people who have swapped bulbs using adapters, search the forum I found one late last night, if I can find it again I will forward it to you. I will post more as I progress through my swap...
If you have Sahara halogen, Rubi steel bumper plugs right in.

Also, why do you need to “mount” anything, your steel bumper comes with LED fogs preinstalled already right?

ndross475

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent to know... I will be reporting on if anti-flickr device is necessary...

I would only need to mount if like the OP asked if the halogens would mount in the Rubi bumper,, for me the only reason to do that would be if I didn't want to have different color lights and wasn't ready to tackle the headlights and directionals.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Excellent to know... I will be reporting on if anti-flickr device is necessary...

I would only need to mount if like the OP asked if the halogens would mount in the Rubi bumper,, for me the only reason to do that would be if I didn't want to have different color lights and wasn't ready to tackle the headlights and directionals.
If ever want to tackle changing out the headlight assembly to LED, I have a write-up here, post #12:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/what-do-you-guys-think-of-these-9”-kiwi-master-led-headlights.26863/

The fender lights bulbs (DRL + turn) are super easy to swap out too, basically loosen the two bolts and maybe a push clip in the fender liner under the light assembly, and you should be able to peel back the fender liner just enough to reach in and twist out the bulbs. They are 7440/7443 sockets, cost around $20-30 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Day...rds=7443+led+zevo+white&qid=1571348192&sr=8-4
https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Amb...rds=7443+led+zevo+AMBER&qid=1571348242&sr=8-3

@wild32hotrod
I’m don’t think it’s plug and play for a sport, I could be wrong since I have a Sahara. Both Sahara and Rubicon use the same harness for their fog lights.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
wild32hotrod

wild32hotrod

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well I got the rubicon bumper mounted and kept the LED lights in the bumper and just took the wiring harness off the sport bumper and plunged right in, all seams to work LED"s came right on and no flicking of the lights I don't know if they will start flickering or not

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
If you want to use the sport halogens light assembly in the jl steel bumper, purchase the jk steel halogen bumper bracket and the assemblies for a sport bumper fit in them and they bolt in a steel bumper. This is what I did to put my halogens in a steel bumper I purchased that did not have lights in it. Cost about 45 dollars for the plastic bracket . The wiring from the sport fit in the steel bumper. The mounting clips had to be slid around on the loom

ndross475

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Rubicon Steel Bumper w/ LED fogs installed today... Used the harness off the Sahara plastic bumper and everything was plug and play.... The KiWi's and DRL/Turn bulbs arrived today but we had rain arrive so maybe tomorrow...

OP
OP
wild32hotrod

wild32hotrod

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECFE2C01-6C16-42D7-802D-9277AE2FFD79.jpeg
I did the same just plug and play, my harness from my sport bumper was a little long but no big deal

Sponsored

ndross475

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the DRL/turn signal bulbs mounted?
I did, a lot of the videos I watched suggested only pulling the one Christmas tree and bending the inner fender liner back... I preferred to remove a couple of them and a few of the hex screws... its really simple and straight forward... I did the DRL but not the turns.... Here are the bulbs suggested from the Sylvania website.

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 8.45.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 8.45.00 AM.png

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
So thanks to @Drveovru as I somewhat perfectly transferred my halogen lights to my Rubicon steel bumper. I ordered these:

68231956AA - Fog Lamp Bracket, Right

68231957AA - Fog Lamp Bracket, Left

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
So thanks to @Drveovru as I somewhat perfectly transferred my halogen lights to my Rubicon steel bumper. I ordered these:

68231956AA - Fog Lamp Bracket, Right

68231957AA - Fog Lamp Bracket, Left
This is the first time I've seen Mopar bracket part numbers for the LED foglight. Thanks for posting the numbers.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
This is the first time I've seen Mopar bracket part numbers for the LED foglight. Thanks for posting the numbers.
This will work for Sport/Sport S halogens which are three point mounted to the steel bumper. Not sure about Sahara and plastic Rubicon bumper lights but I believe there are mounts for those. Just hard to find the brackets for sport fogs and this is the solution.
Sponsored