Sponsored

JL Sport After Market Bumper with Halogen Fog Lights???

PxAdams

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Does anyone have a solution for fitting the halogen fog lights in an aftermarket bumper? I have found plenty of bumpers that I would like to put on my JL sport but it seems the fog lights will not fit in anything unless I have the OEM Led upgrade. Does anyone have a solution for fitting the halogen fog lights in? If I would have known that none of the aftermarket bumpers would fit I might have considered the LED upgrade when purchasing but hindsight is 20/20 I guess. If you have a solution or idea let me know. Really want to get a new bumper but don't feel like dropping the amount for LED fogs just to put a bumper on.
Sponsored

OP
OP

PxAdams

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
This is what the Fogs look like from the inside of the bumper if anyone is curious or has ideas. [GALLERY=media, 20]Fogs by PxAdams posted Jul 12, 2018 at 9:12 PM[/GALLERY]

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I swapped out my bumper and didn't even both to look at how the halogen fogs mounted. LED fog lights are pretty inexpensive and so much better, plus they fit :)

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
The LOD bumpers will work with halogen fogs. Im waiting on my order still but will post pics once I get it.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I thought the fog light brackets were determined by whether you have the steel group bumpers or not?

Sponsored

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I don’t believe so because I know the halogens are the ones with the different brackets. Can you get the steel bumper with halogens?

I thought the fog light brackets were determined by whether you have the steel group bumpers or not?

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I don’t believe so because I know the halogens are the ones with the different brackets. Can you get the steel bumper with halogens?
You can. Just get steel bumper group without getting the LED group.

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Hmmm. Judging from how many JK bumpers fit the JL maybe the manufactors just haven’t created the halogen bracket so they say it doesn’t fit. I, personally, didn’t care for the halogen dogs so I just bought JK LEDs to put in my new bumper. Look better, perform better, not real expensive, and no messing with brackets. Only issue is trying to wait on some matching led headlights.

You can. Just get steel bumper group without getting the LED group.

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I swapped out my bumper and didn't even both to look at how the halogen fogs mounted. LED fog lights are pretty inexpensive and so much better, plus they fit :)
Were you able to find a set of LED fog lights that plugged in directly to the original halogen wiring?
Sponsored