Sponsored

JL spare tire carrier that can hold 37" tires?

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
image.jpeg
image.png

I ended up using the Ace camera and license plate relocate. Their relocate plate has the wrong angle for the camera so I put it in a vice and bent the camera mount to match the factory angle. The bolts for the camera are to short so I had to purchase longer ones and used nylok nuts then cut them to length. Why didn't they do this, I don't know. Also they do not provide a place for a third brake light, so I had to make that too.
Ok, so the camera is the original factory Oem. I had to pull the Coex out thru the rear gate remove the interior plastic fender cowling and follow it back to about where the rear roll bar mounts. Then I ran the cable thru the fender dropped down behind the tail light then up into the jcr adventure tire carrier. There was just enough cable to reach the new camera location. There is a plug along the cable that is easly reached to remove the plate relocate so u can get the spare off.you need every inch of cable to make it. The JCR license plate/camera relocate isn't very good. I tried it but was disappointed. The ACE is better but has its issues too.
Love my JCR bumpers and tire carrier, nicest out there I think.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
It comes with a variety of spacers. My guess is that the dealer used all of, or most of them.

This is what the Mopar kit looks like installed with no extra spacers and a 12.5-inch width 37. That said, I've maintained the stock brake light stuff, so that may be contributing to the appearance of a tighter fit.

IMAG0005.jpg
Will a 38” tire fit if I was not worried about the brake light.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I can't see how it wouldn't fit. There's plenty of expansion potential there.

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
Has anyone installed the LOD Destroyer rear bumper and tire carrier for the JL? It's pretty expensive as well, but does have a way to preserve camera and rear brake lights. I'm not to happy with the license plate placement, but there doesn't appear to be a perfect option out there. Hauk offroad has options, but doesn't have the ability for tool / gas mounts.

Captain Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
retired
Does anyone make a spare tire carrier that works with a 2018 JL Rubicon with factory steel bumpers? Or do I have to replace the whole bumper, something I really do no want to do.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-tire-carrier-thread.11575/

If you look through this thread you may find what you are looking for. There are several companies with tire carriers in the testing phase, so for those we must be a little more patient for them to finish up and release it for purchase.
I am excited to see the finish products from some of these shops but I bet they are not in a hurry to release them until sometime after SEMA.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I bought the Mopar one not too many people say they don't like it it's $600 but it's well worth it. And it has a nice clean look to it

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
image.jpeg
image.png

I ended up using the Ace camera and license plate relocate. Their relocate plate has the wrong angle for the camera so I put it in a vice and bent the camera mount to match the factory angle. The bolts for the camera are to short so I had to purchase longer ones and used nylok nuts then cut them to length. Why didn't they do this, I don't know. Also they do not provide a place for a third brake light, so I had to make that too.
Ok, so the camera is the original factory Oem. I had to pull the Coex out thru the rear gate remove the interior plastic fender cowling and follow it back to about where the rear roll bar mounts. Then I ran the cable thru the fender dropped down behind the tail light then up into the jcr adventure tire carrier. There was just enough cable to reach the new camera location. There is a plug along the cable that is easly reached to remove the plate relocate so u can get the spare off.you need every inch of cable to make it. The JCR license plate/camera relocate isn't very good. I tried it but was disappointed. The ACE is better but has its issues too.
Love my JCR bumpers and tire carrier, nicest out there I think.

Can you show us the pic of how you bent the camera bracket and did Ace correct this issue?, I am ordering this set up next week. how do you like it so far? is it a pain to pull off spare?

JeffreyK

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sahara
Any idea what the rims are on the jeep pictured with the ACE cover?