JL Soundbar Removal

tnnjl

First Name
tnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Has anyone removed the soundbar? Any pointers is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Rollbar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 2DR JK Rubicon (dozer) 2018 2DR JL Rubicon (granite) (waiting)
I'll try to help ya based on my knowledge of the JK (still waiting for my JL) There should be 6 bolts holding the soundbar in place. Remove one of the center bolts, and leave the other one in by a few threads. Remove the drivers side bolts next. Then as you remove the passenger side bolts the center bolt will support the weight. The bar it itself doesn't weigh much at all (5-10 lbs max). You should see the electrical connector that goes to your speaker on the passanger side after you undo the passenger bolts. Then Finally remove the center bolt the rest of the way. It comes out really easy.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP

tnnjl

First Name
tnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
hi Thomas,

Thank you for your help. I did look some videos on YouTube, but the JK soundbar design is different than the JL. The mentioned 6 bolts, I wonder if I need to open the surrounding covers to access to them or they located inside the speakers compactment?

N_debellis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wranglee jlu
Hey, just removed my sound bar on my JLU with base sound system, slightly involved, you have to remove the side trims in the back seats roll bar, 5 t25 screws hold it on 2 up top 3 below. then the elbow piece that is on the drivers and passenger side, 1 t 25 screw on the bottom of each, with some metal retaining clips holding them in, then lower your dome light under the soundbar, pops out. Remove the center trim below soundbar by removing 3 t 25 screws at the top area of trim. Several metal retaining clips hold it in. Then you are left with 6 10mm bolts holding the soundbar, 4 on the outer edges, and 2 in the middle, once those are removed the sound bar will lower and can be removed. I applied felt tape in the areas where i felt it would come into contact with the metal roll bar, reinstalled and the rattle is gone. It took about an hour, i was trying to figure it out as i went and i had power tools to help. Hope this helps

6F0C77E5-EA48-4997-BD2A-F79D7807EB66.jpeg

OP
OP

tnnjl

First Name
tnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Hey, just removed my sound bar on my JLU with base sound system, slightly involved, you have to remove the side trims in the back seats roll bar, 5 t25 screws hold it on 2 up top 3 below. then the elbow piece that is on the drivers and passenger side, 1 t 25 screw on the bottom of each, with some metal retaining clips holding them in, then lower your dome light under the soundbar, pops out. Remove the center trim below soundbar by removing 3 t 25 screws at the top area of trim. Several metal retaining clips hold it in. Then you are left with 6 10mm bolts holding the soundbar, 4 on the outer edges, and 2 in the middle, once those are removed the sound bar will lower and can be removed. I applied felt tape in the areas where i felt it would come into contact with the metal roll bar, reinstalled and the rattle is gone. It took about an hour, i was trying to figure it out as i went and i had power tools to help. Hope this helps

6F0C77E5-EA48-4997-BD2A-F79D7807EB66.jpeg
Thank you very much, Nick. It will be a project for me this weekend.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I hope someone makes some kind of speaker relocation/sound bar delete so we can get more freedom. The actual metal crossmember is pretty small which is awesome if it wasn't for all that plastic around it.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have pics of the after?