JL Softtop + Roof rack possible?

SeanPolarBear

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Is it possible to add a roof rack to the JL with the basic softtop? there were solutions for the JK, where a frame mounted to the body. ( kind of like this https://goo.gl/images/YGj5uB )

I cant find any solutions like this for the JL 2 door yet.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

JeepRat

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram 1500, 2015 Lexus NX300h, 2017 Jeep Renegade, 2015 Subaru Forester, 2012 Lexus CT200H
This is my first time seeing the GOBI rack with the quick connect feature (this is my first Wrangler and all my other vehicles had racks so I've never bought one). It won't be long before we see the their design for the JL and I suspect that the quick connects will work just fine. I'm going to need a roof rack and now leaning back towards getting the dual top option after seeing this. Still going to be a PIA to get the top down when out camping since it doesn't allow you to tilt with it loaded but it just doesn't seem very 'Jeepish' to not have a soft top. Let me know if you find anything else out. Thanks.

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power Wheelz Wrangler, 2018 Wrangler (ordered)
https://www.hitchmount-rack.com/

The hitchmount-rack option looks preferable to other systems I’ve seen for a soft top, especially with the bike rack addition option. Does anyone have this system (with or without bike rack option) and have any feedback about it? I have a 12’ kayak, which according to the website is the length limit.

Tony

Sponsored

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Part of the reason for the extension rain gutters and the extension of them further back, from what I understand, was to accommodate more roof mounted solutions. I think there are pictures floating around as well. Ill see what I can find.

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Yes, it allows for cross rails now and the ability to take off the freedom panels and leave the two rails on.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
I’m in the market for a removable exoskeleton (quick connects?) to use with my soft top, and that’s also compatible with a Sunrider when used with the hard top.
It will stay on with the hard top but I want to remove it completely in the summer, and only install it when I want to load my kayak.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I know this is an old thread but is there any way to remove the top or lower it with this?
Yep! Well in my particular case not anymore as I have wires wrapped around some of the moving parts due to my KC Hilites chase led light bar. But before I can unlatch the rack and it slides all the way out towards passenger side to allow for opening and closing of the soft top.

eVvkEMj.jpg
Sponsored