Not open for further replies.

SMITTY14

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I never quite pulled the trigger on getting one for my JK.
Fix the soft top issue, possibly sweeten the deal by lowering the price a bit and I'm sold.

I'll gladly do some R&D or Quality Control testing too!

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I never quite pulled the trigger on getting one for my JK.
Fix the soft top issue, possibly sweeten the deal by lowering the price a bit and I'm sold.

I'll gladly do some R&D or Quality Control testing too!
What issue do you see with the soft top? If you drove over and let us use yours as a test vehicle, then we can discuss. Especially if you have the rear Safety Package sensors :)

SMITTY14

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What issue do you see with the soft top? If you drove over and let us use yours as a test vehicle, then we can discuss. Especially if you have the rear Safety Package sensors :)
upload_2018-9-11_9-51-44.png

the redesign on the JL soft top might require some more room in the back quarter panel area.
without zippers, those side windows require a tad bit more room for installing and removal than the previous zippered windows. Since this is just a drawing (a very good one at that) it is hard to judge if there would be ample room for that.

I did not opt for the safety sensors since I already have my wife trying to tell me how to drive, I don't need a computer telling me that as well.

One other thought: Is the roof rack modular?
I could see myself running the roof rack in the winter months more and wanting to remove parts of the roof rack in the summer months when I tend to use the soft top in sunrider and fully open configurations more often. Especially if I know I will not require the roof rack for longer periods of time. Just a thought though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
upload_2018-9-11_9-51-44.png

the redesign on the JL soft top might require some more room in the back quarter panel area.
without zippers, those side windows require a tad bit more room for installing and removal than the previous zippered windows. Since this is just a drawing (a very good one at that) it is hard to judge if there would be ample room for that.

I did not opt for the safety sensors since I already have my wife trying to tell me how to drive, I don't need a computer telling me that as well.

One other thought: Is the roof rack modular?
I could see myself running the roof rack in the winter months more and wanting to remove parts of the roof rack in the summer months when I tend to use the soft top in sunrider and fully open configurations more often. Especially if I know I will not require the roof rack for longer periods of time. Just a thought though.
You should be able to remove the basket for seasonal use, the rack is fairly modular.

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Greetings fellow Jeepers,

LoD Offroad here, and we would like to share with you a concept render of the new patent pending sliding roof rack we will be releasing in early 2019! Questions and comments are always welcome! Stay tuned for more release info and photos!

The rack will be bearing operated for super smooth operation, and will be able to move with gear on top for ultra convenience. A removable ladder will be an add-on option, as well as a wind deflector for the front. The construction will feature durable latches, and a reversable mechanism.

xgBIB2.jpg
will it be possible to mount off-road lights on it?

Mattius1337

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S(JL)
Lack of 2 door options is really crap lately. I've emailed several companies that provided for the jk 2 doors and all have returned with a resounding no. if this was provided for us it would sell like hotcakes

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Lack of 2 door options is really crap lately. I've emailed several companies that provided for the jk 2 doors and all have returned with a resounding no. if this was provided for us it would sell like hotcakes
It's honestly such a disappointment. I've reached out to Gobi Rack numerous times to ask about a 2--door version and have never received anything in response. Actually, I got a read receipt from them once lol.

Sponsored

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in...

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 / 2018 Sahara JLU. Formerly 2013 JK and 2003 Liberty Renegade
Looking at where this mounts in the rear (behind the tail light), I can't see this rack having much of a weight rating. Any details on this?

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@lodoffroad it looks like the rear portion of the rack is attached to the body panels.. Would that be the case, or will it connect to the frame by the rear bumper??
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.