TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
The CD mostly contains part removal and installation instructions, accompanied with photos/drawings.
Some diagnostic instructions for applicable parts/systems.
Part numbers, and other minor misc stuff.

It did not contain the wiring diagrams as provided at the link Jeeporama posted.

Also, it is not in PDF format, it is a CD, that has loads in a web browser, and displays information in an HTML format, disappointing is the lack of ability to "search" the entire CD for keywords and such to find what you are looking for. It is arranged more in an index/contents listing format.

Capture.png

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
It's been my experience that each manual is licensed to a specific person and is prohibited from public distribution. So a "group buy" or a co-op purchase of a license may not be authorized. I supposed it might be able to be done using the same concept of a shop who has a copy, which all the employees can access. In which case maybe making it only available to those who participated in the purchase would allow it to be done. IDK, I'm just brainstorming here, but I doubt they'd allow you to post it on the public forum for anyone to access.

That said. Having had service manuals for several Rams, I'll agree with wv18jl, and say that they're worth the money. Over $100 is a lot of money for a manual, but these are by far more detailed and informative than Haynes or Chilton manual and those things were considered to be a "must have" item for every DIY mechanic. The best part is the service manual is specific to each year (not a range of years) and is made by the manufacturer of the vehicle, not written as the result of a tear down and rebuild like Haynes. They're actually OEM instructions on how to take stuff apart and put it back together. It's worth the money, especially if you plan on doing many mods.

OP
OP
Jeeporama

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
It's been my experience that each manual is licensed to a specific person and is prohibited from public distribution. So a "group buy" or a co-op purchase of a license may not be authorized. I supposed it might be able to be done using the same concept of a shop who has a copy, which all the employees can access. In which case maybe making it only available to those who participated in the purchase would allow it to be done. IDK, I'm just brainstorming here, but I doubt they'd allow you to post it on the public forum for anyone to access.

That said. Having had service manuals for several Rams, I'll agree with wv18jl, and say that they're worth the money. Over $100 is a lot of money for a manual, but these are by far more detailed and informative than Haynes or Chilton manual and those things were considered to be a "must have" item for every DIY mechanic. The best part is the service manual is specific to each year (not a range of years) and is made by the manufacturer of the vehicle, not written as the result of a tear down and rebuild like Haynes. They're actually OEM instructions on how to take stuff apart and put it back together. It's worth the money, especially if you plan on doing many mods.
I've spent about $300 in the past for 3 volume sets which included a electrical schematic volume. Easily worth it, saved me $1000s on repairs I did myself :like:

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I miss the PDF format service manuals that use to be available that were searchable able to print selected pages. I had a HTML format manual for my last JK, it was not as convenient as the PDF manuals were. The easy ability to illegally copy and share copyright PDF manuals is probably why they are not available any.

Sponsored

The Old Troll

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Can the CD be downloaded to a laptop and accessed by that laptop from the download or must it be accessed only from CD?

seanpublic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I've been waiting for the 2018 Wrangler JL service manual (https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/81-370-18071-SUSB) to become available for a few months now. The 2019 Wrangler section had no service manual entry. Recently, I discovered this site misfiled the Wrangler service manual under the Cherokee model section (https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/?year=2019&model=877&type=4). If anyone is still waiting for a service manual on USB, the 2019 is available at the second link and should be nearly identical to the 2018 model.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I've been waiting for the 2018 Wrangler JL service manual (https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/81-370-18071-SUSB) to become available for a few months now. The 2019 Wrangler section had no service manual entry. Recently, I discovered this site misfiled the Wrangler service manual under the Cherokee model section (https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/?year=2019&model=877&type=4). If anyone is still waiting for a service manual on USB, the 2019 is available at the second link and should be nearly identical to the 2018 model.
Out of stock for the 2018!!!

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Thanx for this.. As others have said, $140 isn't a lot if you consider the time and possible damage saved knowing the factory process for R&R.
Not as easy as writing a check to someone who may be even more clueless, but it's more satisfying to DIY.

seanpublic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Sport S
The day after I posted this, the 2018 becomes available. 2 days after my order of the 2019 manual. Typical. :)

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I just bought the 3 day membership for Tech Authority which is like 27 bucks. Then I just downloaded the PDF of everything I think I'd need. I pretty much got most of the wiring diagrams I needed etc. ITs worth it.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I just bought the 3 day membership for Tech Authority which is like 27 bucks. Then I just downloaded the PDF of everything I think I'd need. I pretty much got most of the wiring diagrams I needed etc. ITs worth it.
So by doing this you get it for less but do you know if purchasing the manual includes updates when they occur? Is this method not a complete manual? Trying to weight the options.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
So by doing this you get it for less but do you know if purchasing the manual includes updates when they occur? Is this method not a complete manual? Trying to weight the options.
By doing the pay for 3 day thing you have access to the entire Tech Authority site. You don't download a MANUAL per se. you actually have access to the Tech's see. So for example you see an INDEX when you login and you have to search by Electrical, Body, etc and then you see the diagrams etc and can PRINT to PDF. So for example you will downloads look like this:

Attachments

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
By doing the pay for 3 day thing you have access to the entire Tech Authority site. You don't download a MANUAL per se. you actually have access to the Tech's see. So for example you see an INDEX when you login and you have to search by Electrical, Body, etc and then you see the diagrams etc and can PRINT to PDF. So for example you will downloads look like this:
Ah.. ok.. thanks for the explanation. I just read about the manual purchase also. It says it is time sensitive and will not provide updates. Hmm.. options.. options.
Sponsored