JL Seat Adjustment quick ?

InkdJL412

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
hey what's up guys, so i just got a JL about a month ago, and i'm having hard time getting the seat where i'm comfortable i'm about 5'9 and not sure if i need to pump up the seat a lil bit cause it seems different the the JK far as how high it seats and stuff, right now i have it all the way down and feel like i have to sit closer then my old JK, any suggestions or help would be appreciated tired of my knee hurting haha
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 5'9" and JL fits ok for me - had JK also and didn't notice much difference in height, etc. But I think I a m pre-dementia (or so my kids tell me when I call them by wrong names) so maybe I don't remember bad position after I get out.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Has been discussed in other posts...I feel the seat tilts to far forward...I am 6'1" and my seat is all the way back and down but no adjustment for tilt makes my thighs uncomfortable on long runs. Maybe Jeep will address with next refresh..if there is one.

OP
OP

InkdJL412

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I'm 5'9" and JL fits ok for me - had JK also and didn't notice much difference in height, etc. But I think I a m pre-dementia (or so my kids tell me when I call them by wrong names) so maybe I don't remember bad position after I get out.
well how close do you actually sit just curious is your knees up against the dash?

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
well how close do you actually sit just curious is your knees up against the dash?
Nowhere close. Leaves room between the wheel and me that the airbag doesn't blow me into the back seat. I've seen people over 6' say it is a little tight for them. Shaq had a JKU and they took out the back seat, moved the front seat back 12" or more and made a custom longer front door.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...I've seen people over 6' say it is a little tight for them...
I’m 6’ 3”, lean and very athletic. I sit differently in my Wrangler than in any other vehicle. The seats aren’t a problem for me as much as my upper body needs to adjust. When I jump in, I’m squashed against the door and have to move myself over.
Sponsored