JL Sahara wheels choices

Maxwellfish

First Name
Maxwellfish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My own curiosity... can anyone provide clarification/ guesses as to which wheels will be stock vs optioned?

The optioned wheels are described as "18 inch tech grey"
Would that be these below?
IMG_2203.jpg

Or are these the optioned wheels below?

If I'm not mistaken on the jk the standard wheels are 5 spokes and optioned are 7. Do you think they follow the same pattern?

IMG_2204.jpg

Also, are these below just a blacked out version of the first picture? Like sometimes the grill is blacked out with tape etc...
IMG_2205.jpg
Sponsored

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
on a related note, from what I've seen in years past the Rubicon wheels are much better looking, and something I'd like for my new JL Sahara. This is more for the look that practicality so yes, real Jeepsters feel free to flog me... This will be my first Jeep so not sure if a dealer will accommodate, or even if it's doable due to other physical limitations (axle?).
Has anyone ever ordered one model with wheels from another? (I am used to ordering bikes custom where it is common to specify the drive chain, wheels etc.. different from stock and the shop will build it up).

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
on a related note, from what I've seen in years past the Rubicon wheels are much better looking, and something I'd like for my new JL Sahara. This is more for the look that practicality so yes, real Jeepsters feel free to flog me... This will be my first Jeep so not sure if a dealer will accommodate, or even if it's doable due to other physical limitations (axle?).
Has anyone ever ordered one model with wheels from another? (I am used to ordering bikes custom where it is common to specify the drive chain, wheels etc.. different from stock and the shop will build it up).
Don’t know if the dealer will let you order Rubi wheels on a Sahara or not, however they should fit no problem with the same 5 lug pattern. Also aftermarket wheel choices are endless so you should be able to find something you like.

joedymueller

First Name
Joedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Punk'n Rubicon
This will be my first Jeep as well and both Sahara wheels are very... Stock
I will be getting stock wheels and going aftermarket at some point.

I would guess the top picture is the stock and the middle is the upgraded Shara rim and the bottom is the Sport rim, not a blacked out version of the top rim.
Sponsored