JL Sahara DRL LED Bulbs ON with Headlights

murphrya

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hello all - Has anyone with a Sahara/Rubicon been able to get any DLR LED's replacement bulbs to stay on when the headlights come on like the stock bulbs do?

Its an issue I've seen in other threads, and that possibly the only fix is to buy a Tazer to change settings to make this work. I haven't been able to find any confirmation that a Tazer will fix the issue so looking for feeback on that along with if there are specific bulbs that others on here are using that work.

For reference I bought these DRL replacement LED's for my 19 JLU Sahara: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RJDWD4X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I've flipped them to check the polarity but that didn't help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
murphrya

murphrya

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have finally solved this issue and I wanted to post a follow up for those who end up coming across the same problem, and no Tazer was required!

It does appear to be a problem with the actual DRL LED bulbs that come in the popular JL pack on Amazon I linked above. There is something about their internal wiring that does not make them fully plug and play even though they are the correct type of bulb.

On the Gladiator forum that some of the members there have been using a specific Sylvania 7443 Zevo bulb in their LED replacement threads, and they reported no issues with the DRL remaining on with AUTO or when the headlights come on.

I have tested them in my 2019 JLU Sahara and can confirm they work exactly like the stock halogen DRL bulbs. With the light settings at AUTO they remain on during the day, and when the headlights automatically turn on the DLR bulbs stay lit like they are supposed to. They also work properly with all of the manual light settings. These bulbs even dim a little bit when the headlights come on just like the way I suspect the stock bulbs do.

Exact ones I bought: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...led-mini-bulb-pack-of-2-7443ledbp2/11236785-P
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Sahara DRL LED Bulbs ON with Headlights {filename}

steve196

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
I can confirm these Zevo 7443 LED bulbs work as expected on my 2018 JLU Sahara. After trying multiple LED bulbs, only to return everyone of them because they would turn off when the headlights went on. Great find, thanks for posting.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I was one of the Guinea pigs on the gladiator forums for the zevo bulbs, still working great for me after a couple months now.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Does anyone happen to know if these would work the same way in a 2021 Wrangler Willys? Not sure how the Willys DRL bulb setup compares to the Sahara’s you guys have.

Sponsored

BillJeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have finally solved this issue and I wanted to post a follow up for those who end up coming across the same problem, and no Tazer was required!

It does appear to be a problem with the actual DRL LED bulbs that come in the popular JL pack on Amazon I linked above. There is something about their internal wiring that does not make them fully plug and play even though they are the correct type of bulb.

On the Gladiator forum that some of the members there have been using a specific Sylvania 7443 Zevo bulb in their LED replacement threads, and they reported no issues with the DRL remaining on with AUTO or when the headlights come on.

I have tested them in my 2019 JLU Sahara and can confirm they work exactly like the stock halogen DRL bulbs. With the light settings at AUTO they remain on during the day, and when the headlights automatically turn on the DLR bulbs stay lit like they are supposed to. They also work properly with all of the manual light settings. These bulbs even dim a little bit when the headlights come on just like the way I suspect the stock bulbs do.

Exact ones I bought: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...led-mini-bulb-pack-of-2-7443ledbp2/11236785-P
Do you need a white bulb and an amber bulb or just a single white for each side on your Sahara @murphrya ?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I put these in months ago and have had zero issues

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Sahara DRL LED Bulbs ON with Headlights AA279F16-FDF5-49B6-872E-42E763054D95

And made this change using JSCAN months ago to keep them on all the time

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Sahara DRL LED Bulbs ON with Headlights 257AD0CF-C616-41ED-A196-2CA61AC90D27

Pcherron

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Clubs

These worked in my 2020 sahara with stock halogen. They stayed on when the headlights came on on. No errors/blinking. I also bought the oracles that others reccomendef. They would not snap in and did not turn on.

Kenbike

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
For a 2020 Rubicon what should I buy for the turn signal lamp replacement lamp when converting from halogen to LED?

Ostranza

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I'm now in this boat with my 2018 JLU SAHARA....DRLs work backwards...on during the day and off at night in AUTO and real double bummer is that the Oracle halo style foglights I have tap into the DRL wiring and worked fine with factory halogen bulbs but now don't work in any setting with the LED DRLs although the main foglight works with button press.....no fun. This was part 5011-001
Sponsored

Last edited: