chaynech1

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
It might take some searching and a little patience, and you may need to expand your search criteria to National instead of local to find what you want.

The MSRP on my 2019 2 door Rubi was $61,590 CDN (very well optioned, just missing the Aux switches/HD Tow Package I wanted), but since it was a 2 door Rubicon and it had been sitting on the dealer lot here in Ontario for about 7-8 months with almost no interest in it, I was able to get it for $46,713 + Tax for an all in, out the door price of $52,786.

Granted, this was back in December 2019 before Covi-19 shut things down, and there was quite a bit more inventory out there to choose from.
Wow that is nuts, but I guess it is also because the dealer didn't want to get stuck with a 2019 going into 2020. Right now I am working with a dealer to get a 4 door sting grey Rubi for $59,500 msrp of $66,500. Has a few more options then I want and I don't need the upgraded rims but they look good. It is a dealer trade, so we will see if it works out. Dealers aren't trading their inventory too easily but I can't work with the dealer who currently has it as they inflate their msrp by at least $3000.
Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
Wow that is nuts, but I guess it is also because the dealer didn't want to get stuck with a 2019 going into 2020. Right now I am working with a dealer to get a 4 door sting grey Rubi for $59,500 msrp of $66,500. Has a few more options then I want and I don't need the upgraded rims but they look good. It is a dealer trade, so we will see if it works out. Dealers aren't trading their inventory too easily but I can't work with the dealer who currently has it as they inflate their msrp by at least $3000.

It took me two different visits about 3 months apart, and almost three hours at the dealership the second time I went to talk to them to get that price, but they knew I was prepared to walk if I didn't get the price I wanted (I was actually shooting for $52,000 CDN out the door).

Hope everything works out for you and you get the Jeep you want.........and the upgraded wheels do look nice, I've got them on my Jeep :)

OP
OP
chaynech1

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took me two different visits about 3 months apart, and almost three hours at the dealership the second time I went to talk to them to get that price, but they knew I was prepared to walk if I didn't get the price I wanted (I was actually shooting for $52,000 CDN out the door).

Hope everything works out for you and you get the Jeep you want.........and the upgraded wheels do look nice, I've got them on my Jeep :)
Love the look of your jeep. Yeah, I agree the upgraded rims and steel bumpers complete the Rubi. Dealers are being so stubborn right now with negotiations. The good thing is new 2020 inventory is still slowly rolling in due to the shutdown.

OP
OP
chaynech1

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you had a Sahara and if you always wanted a Rubicon, go for it but otherwise, as others said, it might not be the best choice.

If going for the Rubicon, get the luxury pack or it might seem backwards compared to your JK Sahara. That's what I did.
I would definitely get leather, etc. Don't need all the safety and advanced safety packs. I have lived with backing up a jeep all this time with nothing haha. The back up camera will be a big enough upgrade.

The savings on the altitude over rubicon is appealing as installing my last lift was fun and I would have extra money to lift it right away, add a rubi bumper and bigger tires.

OP
OP
chaynech1

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I did it as you can see by my photo. Went with the Rubicon over Altitude and so happy I did. Got an amazing price, about 12% under MSRP. The feeling of the 3.6l on the JL with the 8 speed and etorque feels like way more power over the jk's 3.6. Crazy how much the transmission mixed with the bigger gears on the rubi changes things. So excited.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chaynech1

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

As you see from the photo, I ended up getting the Rubicon. So excited. Got about 12% off of MSRP. Had to drive about 5 hours from Vancouver to get the build spec I wanted, but the drive was fun and worth it on the way back.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As you see from the photo, I ended up getting the Rubicon. So excited. Got about 12% off of MSRP. Had to drive about 5 hours from Vancouver to get the build spec I wanted, but the drive was fun and worth it on the way back.
Congratulations on your new Jeep! Glad to hear you were able to find the one you wanted, and looks like it came in pretty close to the price point you were targeting too.

Post up some more pics when you can.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on your new Jeep! Glad to hear you were able to find the one you wanted, and looks like it came in pretty close to the price point you were targeting too.

By the way, you need to updated your vehicle details, it still says "2013 Jeep Wrangler Saharah Unlimited" ;)

OP
OP
chaynech1

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Almost exactly at the pricepoint I wanted. This Jeep had more options then I was originally looking at and was $67,250 msrp, so it worked out even better that I got one for the same price as others I looked at.

Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost exactly at the pricepoint I wanted. This Jeep had more options then I was originally looking at and was $67,250 msrp, so it worked out even better that I got one for the same price as others I looked at.
There were two options on my Jeep that I wasn't going to order and I didn't think I would like or need (Proximity Keyless Entry, Advanced Safety Group), but now that I've had them for a while, I absolutely love them.

The Proximity Keyless Entry is awesome and I literally never take that giant keyfob out of my pocket any more. Adaptive cruise works great on longer trips and I usually set it at about 140-150 kph and let the Jeep do it's thing once traffic opens up :) The active braking saved my butt once already when the clown in front of me making a right turn decided to stop mid turn for no reason. The Jeep stopped me about a foot from his rear bumper.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a lifted 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited and am looking to upgrade. With the great financing and deals going around I am now deciding between a Sahara Altitude or Rubicon. Is it worth getting a good deal on Altitude and adding larger wheels, steel bumper and aev lift? The Rubi is more, but offers so much in value. I never use my Jeep for rock crawling or anything, but love the hood, bigger tires, bumper etc of the Rubi. Maybe it is an easy choice, but I have loved my Sahara for so long I dont know.
From what you have described, i think you should get a Kia Telluride .

OP
OP
chaynech1

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There were two options on my Jeep that I wasn't going to order and I didn't think I would like or need (Proximity Keyless Entry, Advanced Safety Group), but now that I've had them for a while, I absolutely love them.

The Proximity Keyless Entry is awesome and I literally never take that giant keyfob out of my pocket any more. Adaptive cruise works great on longer trips and I usually set it at about 140-150 kph and let the Jeep do it's thing once traffic opens up :) The active braking saved my butt once already when the clown in front of me making a right turn decided to stop mid turn for no reason. The Jeep stopped me about a foot from his rear bumper.
Haha, I had the same thinking. I didn't get the advanced safety group, but the safety and proximity. Love the blind spot monitoring and back up sensors. The proximity entry feels so stealthy. Awesome walking up to the jeep and only having to put your hand behind the lever. Man jeeps have come along way, even from the days of the jk.

OP
OP
chaynech1

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what you have described, i think you should get a Kia Telluride .
Okay, I shouldn't say I don't use my jeeps for anything. I do the occasional remote old forest roads, with river crossings and some rock crawling. No moab, but I mountain bike, hike and camp, so I do take it off road often.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I shouldn't say I don't use my jeeps for anything. I do the occasional remote old forest roads, with river crossings and some rock crawling. No moab, but I mountain bike, hike and camp, so I do take it off road often.
Now that you've got a Rubicon, you'll probably find yourself wanting to wheel it more often and on harder trails. It's a disease and the only fix is the wheel it!!
Sponsored