GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
We won’t even install nitro.

also 99% of all of our gear jobs are Jeeps sowe know what we are doing and the job will be perfect.
I have full confidence in you guys and your customer service has always been awesome! I may end up making the trip still but you are 1.5 hours/80 miles away and it is a full day job...which is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger just yet. Just figuring out the logistics.

Cheers
Sponsored

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I have full confidence in you guys and your customer service has always been awesome! I may end up making the trip still but you are 1.5 hours/80 miles away and it is a full day job...which is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger just yet. Just figuring out the logistics.

Cheers
I had Northridge4x4 do my JKUR recon and they trussed the axels. Great work, good turn around and the guys there are awesome to deal with. They have great recommendations for other attachments and even help with some technical shenanigans if doing it yourself.

OP
OP
GinjaNinja

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Sounds like a 4 wheel parts price quote. I'm getting mine done right now. $2200 here in Chicago area. Last year, same place quoted me at $1800 but everything went up apparently.
I’m in Chicago too. Who did your regear and how’d it work out?

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
8qts? 6qts will do your initial fill AND your 500 mile service. Each diff takes about 1.5qts. 12 hours is pretty crazy if it’s a shop that regularly does gears
My thoughts exactly...and they are a well known Jeep shop here...
Mule must either spill excessive volumes of oil in the process of the install or they have some special corking device that allows them to fill above the fill hole. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
GinjaNinja

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mule must either spill excessive volumes of oil in the process of the install or they have some special corking device that allows them to fill above the fill hole. 🤷‍♂️
Lol yea I challenged them on it and they said they fat fingered the oil amount and should be 6 but everything else was accurate. It includes the 500 refill. Regardless, I won't be going there now despite the convenience.

@Northridge4x4 - looks like you have the 5.38 Dana Spicer gears in stock but the front master rebuild kits are backordered. Any idea when it will be available? Another shop told me July :-/

Cheers

Sponsored

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know what you find! I'm also in the southern KC area and might be looking into this soon.
I’m in the St.Louis, MO area and haven’t even started looking. Any reputable shops people recommend would be great!

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in Chicago too. Who did your regear and how’d it work out?
I went to Defiant Motors in Hodgkins. He does mostly Yukon which is what I got. Decided to go with 5:13s. Highly recommend his shop.

7F8D2F48-0578-415B-A7CD-792FFEB8B96E.jpeg

OP
OP
GinjaNinja

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dana Spicer confirmed the front master rebuild kits are on backorder and won't be shipped till August...looks like my choices are Nitro gears or Yukon if I want it done in April.

So what would you do? Lol. I don't want to compromise on quality here so looks like I will likely wait till August :-/

Cheers

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Dana Spicer confirmed the front master rebuild kits are on backorder and won't be shipped till August...looks like my choices are Nitro gears or Yukon if I want it done in April.

So what would you do? Lol. I don't want to compromise on quality here so looks like I will likely wait till August :-/

Cheers
For what is worth. Yukon offers this lifetime no questions asked warranty

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

Cheers
Go to East Coast Gear Supply and order their kit. It uses the same bearings as those in the DS kit.

I just ordered a front and back kit
Sponsored