Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Yea,
You can’t get the part separate, In that thread or this one.
In that thread we talk about the after market part you are wondering about.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
There is only one rear main seal. It’s on the back of the motor. A lot of 3.6’s have them go bad.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No one knows if they are updating that part. Supposedly FCA is very aware of the problem but the fact that an aftermarket company (Z Automotive) beat them to a fix two months ago is pretty pathetic on FCAs part.
Seriously, this isn't rocket science.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No one knows if they are updating that part. Supposedly FCA is very aware of the problem but the fact that an aftermarket company (Z Automotive) beat them to a fix two months ago is pretty pathetic on FCAs part.
Seriously, this isn't rocket science.
I have my lockers wired to my aux switches almost 2 years now, if that part goes bad will it not affect the hot and ground? If it does, the z locker fix won’t work either since it’s plugged in externally, or am I missing something?? I probably am, I’m always missing something....:facepalm:..., lol.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have my lockers wired to my aux switches almost 2 years now, if that part goes bad will it not affect the hot and ground? If it does, the z locker fix won’t work either since it’s plugged in externally, or am I missing something?? I probably am, I’m always missing something....:facepalm:..., lol.
You, my friend, have done what I am about to do because I'm tired of the BS the lockers come with. By doing what you did you have eliminated the problem. The two wires that come off the sensor that are failing go to the computer module/switch to tell it the state of the locker. They have no physical tie to the hot and ground to my knowledge. In doing what you did you are completely bypassing the system. It's no different than on my wife's Jeep where we run them to the AUX sw. because they are an aftermarket install.
Right now my Sway Bar switch isn't working and the locker rocker switch is shot so I'm having that replaced under warranty.
After that, if problems continue, I'm wiring to AUX switches and putting this BS to bed.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's impossible to get all of the metal silt out of the oil without some sort of filter. It is what it is... a crappy part prone to leakage. Nothing will change until that part is revamped.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
So just to be clear, at this present time there is NO replacement part. just a aftermarket bypass to make locker work.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So just to be clear, at this present time there is NO replacement part. just a aftermarket bypass to make locker work.
Figure out a way to buy this...

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Rubicon owners: keep your locker sensors from failing! How to pot your sensors 1598374415907

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
In that thread we talk about the after market part you are wondering about.
Yea,
You can’t get the part separate, In that thread or this one.
Figure out a way to buy this...

1598374415907.png
It’s like asking a politician questions.
OK. So the answer is NO you cannot buy a replacement part at this time no matter how many threads I read.
Got it

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It’s like asking a politician questions.
OK. So the answer is NO you cannot buy a replacement part at this time no matter how many threads I read.
Got it
All of your questions had been answered numerous times in the thread so it was the teach a man to fish idea since the answers were all there.
If you had read the threads you would see there is a part and people are trying to find a way to buy it, hence why I told you to find a way to buy it. You would also see that another guy is trying to get 25 people together to order the part in bulk from a supplier. The answer is not NO, the answer is people are working on a way to buy it.
You can get frustrated at yourself for not reading or you can call me a politician even though I pointed you to the answers.
Sponsored