Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
On the TJ forum some guy found a dealer selling what you could pretty much call a barn find. It was a 2006 Shara LJ with like 1,800 miles on it. Dual tops and the soft top was still in the box in the cargo area. They wanted like $30k or $32k for it. Um, yeah, no, not gonna happen.
Maybe not $30, but he'll get at least $25.

I bought my LJ a year and a half ago from a mechanic selling it on consignment for the original owner. The guy had no clue what he was selling. It was far from perfect, but I got it for $3,700.
It’s pretty awesome how much more livable they are with the added room and highway manners from the extra wheelbase. Unfortunately they look silly without a minimum of 33” tires, preferably 35”.

If you compare the resale price to the price paid, rather than MSRP, the “heavy discounts” become obsolete for anyone that didn’t buy them at a heavy discount.
Also, resale should always be measured in percentage, not dollars.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Was looking at a used one at a Porsche dealer with the Mopar lift and 35's with the dealer installed leather interior, and they wanted 51,000 for it, so I started checking out dealers to find that I could get a new stock rubi for 48, and was like I am going to definitely go with the new one. The used one had only 600 miles on it and some kid traded it in on a 911 with his Camaro, but it was safe to say it definitely was holding its value! it sold 3 days later!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
A Jeep Wrangler is a Jeep Wrangler is a Jeep Wrangler...

They will all "hold" their value.

The people originally saying that garbage were the folks in JK's thinking theirs was the last "real" Wrangler..

D-bags...

Every group says theirs is the "last" "real" Wrangler and yet here we are...

Keep in mind, there are VERY few vehicles that are true "investments"...

You'll get a good amount back in 5-10 years or whenever you decide to move on just like any other model Wrangler.

Relax.

P.S

The JL is the last real Wrangler. LOL
Sponsored