OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
northernadventuresystems.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
The first production prototype came out good. I've switched from a full weld on the Caddie to stitch welds. Full weld was hard to control warping on the metal. Stitch welds will be just as strong.

I'm also able to get all the parts to powder next week hopefully. Good news about powder coat is that I will be able to offer it at a decent price. Because there is maybe 1 or 2 people following this thread with interest, I wanted to share preliminary pricing. All in all, its looking like the Caddie will be available with these options:

1. Coated w/ Auxiliary ($280USD)
2. Coated w/o Auxiliary ($260 USD)
3. Un-coated w/ Auxiliary ($250USD)
4. Un-coated w/o Auxiliary ($235USD)

Auxiliary refers to the bracket that you can attach to the studs after you remove the Caddie so that you can swap your camera, third brake light and license plate from the Caddie to your spare.

With the auxiliary bracket, the Caddie is essentially two products. A license plate, camera, brake light relocation and obviously the Caddie to carry your rotopax. All things considered, (premium hardware, aluminum construction, hundreds of hours of design and testing, etc.) I'm pretty happy to be able to price below market competition and what I feel is a fair price for the consumer. That is also without any discount, which will be offered for the forum obviously. Always appreciate your feedback on this stuff, customer first as they say.

Advertisement

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
The first production prototype came out good. I've switched from a full weld on the Caddie to stitch welds. Full weld was hard to control warping on the metal. Stitch welds will be just as strong.

I'm also able to get all the parts to powder next week hopefully. Good news about powder coat is that I will be able to offer it at a decent price. Because there is maybe 1 or 2 people following this thread with interest, I wanted to share preliminary pricing. All in all, its looking like the Caddie will be available with these options:

1. Coated w/ Auxiliary ($280USD)
2. Coated w/o Auxiliary ($260 USD)
3. Un-coated w/ Auxiliary ($250USD)
4. Un-coated w/o Auxiliary ($235USD)

Auxiliary refers to the bracket that you can attach to the studs after you remove the Caddie so that you can swap your camera, third brake light and license plate from the Caddie to your spare.

With the auxiliary bracket, the Caddie is essentially two products. A license plate, camera, brake light relocation and obviously the Caddie to carry your rotopax. All things considered, (premium hardware, aluminum construction, hundreds of hours of design and testing, etc.) I'm pretty happy to be able to price below market competition and what I feel is a fair price for the consumer. That is also without any discount, which will be offered for the forum obviously. Always appreciate your feedback on this stuff, customer first as they say.
Congratulations.

When is pre-order open?

Aramos3

First Name
Arnie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Millwork Estimator
Put me down for Un-coated w/ Auxiliary ($250USD).

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations.

When is pre-order open?
Pending no serious issues with the production prototype, I hope to launch the website in the next month or two with options for pre-order.

For those of you that are interested, I am also working on a "Founder 15" badge. I like to do cool stuff, and so each of the first 15 orders will come customized with a unique special badge laser cut into your Caddie, possibly even with your forum name or whatever you choose.

ItsNo4RE

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
When is pre-order open?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Yes, inquiring minds want to know.
I love your forum name, did/do you own a Toyota? I am hoping pre-order will be available in the next month or two. Just working on product photos, website and testing on the unit.

ItsNo4RE

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
I love your forum name, did/do you own a Toyota? I am hoping pre-order will be available in the next month or two. Just working on product photos, website and testing on the unit.
Nope, no Toyota but I did drive a focus station wagon with that plate, lol

Morris4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Morris 4x4
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Amazing work! Currently trying to figure out what to do with the rotos on my JK but this Is great work I must say.

-Julia

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Amazing work! Currently trying to figure out what to do with the rotos on my JK but this Is great work I must say.

-Julia
Thanks Julia! I am actually going to be testing this on a JK too. Fortunately everything should work, because there is no need for the camera. Not sure if people would want to run their license plate in the same location on the JK, but that is a simple modification of the JL license plate bracket to delete the camera mount.

tubesock

First Name
Danny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
As a garage-less apartment dweller with a 2 door soft top, the ability to carry and lock 2 maxtrax and a rotopax as well as relocate my license plate would make this an instant buy for me. Great work!

Morris4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Morris 4x4
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Thanks Julia! I am actually going to be testing this on a JK too. Fortunately everything should work, because there is no need for the camera. Not sure if people would want to run their license plate in the same location on the JK, but that is a simple modification of the JL license plate bracket to delete the camera mount.
True on the camera part. I actually currently have my license mounted on the spare and based on being a little deeper in that model community, it seems like most are doing the same or planning on doing the same. I believe they should work since the spare shouldn't vary much besides the camera goodies. I think you can definitely get these rolling into something good!

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
On the back of the caddie, would you rather see the Founder 15 badges next to the maple leaf easter egg?
Founder Easter Egg.PNG

Or on the other side?
Founder Easter Egg 2.PNG

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Pending no serious issues with the production prototype, I hope to launch the website in the next month or two with options for pre-order.

For those of you that are interested, I am also working on a "Founder 15" badge. I like to do cool stuff, and so each of the first 15 orders will come customized with a unique special badge laser cut into your Caddie, possibly even with your forum name or whatever you choose.
Please rr
Adjacent to the maple leaf.
Adjacent

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement