WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
My apologies for not sifting thru the entire thread, does this mount work with the 4.5G FuelPaX or the 3G RotoPax?

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
northernadventuresystems.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My apologies for not sifting thru the entire thread, does this mount work with the 4.5G FuelPaX or the 3G RotoPax?
No worries. It's a big thread by now. Both of those would be too thick for the license plate mount to fit, but that can be fixed easily. With that being said, the 3G rotopax would fit in the normal configuration and I could add additional mounting points for the 4.5G to be mounted horizontal across the mount.

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
The Adventure Caddie will be available for pre-order with the license plate mount (incl. camera and third brake light) only. I don't have a release date on a version without the license plate option. Pricing WITH a 10% discount for this forum is $248 USD. Use discount code JLFORUM10. Price may change based on currency conversion rates at the time of purchase (CAD > USD). Shipping cost is extra ($15-35 USD depending on state).

What is included for the price?

1x Caddie Mounting Plate (Aluminum)
1x Relocation Bracket for Brake light & Camera (Aluminum)
1x License Plate Bracket (Aluminum)
1x Active Lock Bearing (ABS Plastic)
1x Camera Housing (ABS Plastic)
1x Sandwich Plate (Stainless Steel)
1x Assorted Stainless Steel and Black Oxide Hardware

All pricing above is for bare metal, no protective coating. I have also switched from mild steel backplate and mounting studs to stainless steel, which will ensure that this part cannot rust and causing mounting issues.

Pricing for powder coat with a 10% discount for this forum is $278 USD. Price may change based on currency conversion rates at the time of purchase (CAD > USD). Shipping is extra, as above.

The Auxiliary Module (used to mount your 3rd brake light, camera and license plate in the same spot when the caddie REMOVED) is $21 USD. Price may change based on currency conversion rates at the time of purchase (CAD > USD). Shipping is extra, as above.

The Traction Board Module (used for mounting traction boards instead of rotopax) is $62 USD. Price may change based on currency conversion rates at the time of purchase (CAD > USD). Shipping is extra, as above.

Please keep in mind these products are made in Canada with domestic and imported materials and through skilled labour. I have used stainless steel only where necessary to keep costs down. I am a small business, so sourcing parts isn't always the cheapest because I can't buy them by the thousands. Hopefully you are all excited about this still and thanks for following along, eh!

Last edited:

JL1LE

First Name
Neal
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU White Rubicon
In! Awesome to hear. Website is locked with a password for entry.

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
@boehml I don’t plan on relocating anything (at least not at the moment) but I assume I don’t HAVE to use the license plate mount even if it comes with it? Is that correct?

Very excited its almost time to order!:rock:

Jorginho 113

First Name
Jorginho
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 6-Speed
The Adventure Caddie will be available for pre-order with the license plate mount (incl. camera and third brake light) only. I don't have a release date on a version without the license plate option. Pricing WITH a 10% discount for this forum is $248 USD. Price may change based on currency conversion rates at the time of purchase (CAD > USD). Shipping cost is extra ($15-35 USD depending on state).

What is included for the price?

1x Caddie Mounting Plate (Aluminum)
1x Relocation Bracket for Brake light & Camera (Aluminum)
1x License Plate Bracket (Aluminum)
1x Active Lock Bearing (ABS Plastic)
1x Camera Housing (ABS Plastic)
1x Sandwich Plate (Stainless Steel)
1x Assorted Stainless Steel and Black Oxide Hardware

All pricing above is for bare metal, no protective coating. I have also switched from mild steel backplate and mounting studs to stainless steel, which will ensure that this part cannot rust and causing mounting issues.

Pricing for powder coat with a 10% discount for this forum is $278 USD. Price may change based on currency conversion rates at the time of purchase (CAD > USD). Shipping is extra, as above.

The Auxiliary Module (used to mount your 3rd brake light, camera and license plate in the same spot when the caddie REMOVED) is $21 USD. Price may change based on currency conversion rates at the time of purchase (CAD > USD). Shipping is extra, as above.

The Traction Board Module (used for mounting traction boards instead of rotopax) is $62 USD. Price may change based on currency conversion rates at the time of purchase (CAD > USD). Shipping is extra, as above.

Please keep in mind these products are made in Canada with domestic and imported materials and through skilled labour. I have used stainless steel only where necessary to keep costs down. I am a small business, so sourcing parts isn't always the cheapest because I can't buy them by the thousands. Hopefully you are all excited about this still and thanks for following along, eh!
Yes!!!! Can’t wait to place my pre order! Thank you and keep doing a great job.

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
@boehml I don’t plan on relocating anything (at least not at the moment) but I assume I don’t HAVE to use the license plate mount even if it comes with it? Is that correct?

Very excited its almost time to order!:rock:
You just need to relocate your camera, right? Or you dont care if it is blocked?

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
You just need to relocate your camera, right? Or you dont care if it is blocked?
I suppose I’d prefer to have it if possible. Should I wait for the version without the bracket?

I guess I missed where the camera would get blocked with the relocation bracket.

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I suppose I’d prefer to have it if possible. Should I wait for the version without the bracket?

I guess I missed where the camera would get blocked with the relocation bracket.
Are you leaving the caddie on full time, or removing it? I can't remember.

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I’ll likely just remove it when not in use.
I put a stock wheel on for you, so I could see how far the camera would come through with that backspacing. Unfortunately I don't have my backup camera installed in the stock mount so I cant snap a pick from my head unit, but you would have some visibility directly behind you with the caddie on (and not relocating anything). The bolts are on there loose cause I am lazy, those obviously wouldn't get in the way.

Hopefully that is helpful. If you want to run just the caddie (no license plate, etc.), it would be a pain in the ass to only relocate the camera. If you just intend to use it for off-road trips, maybe the lack of visibility isn't a deal breaker.

180208466_2360518137425196_4678666267559593775_n.jpg

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I put a stock wheel on for you, so I could see how far the camera would come through with that backspacing. Unfortunately I don't have my backup camera installed in the stock mount so I cant snap a pick from my head unit, but you would have some visibility directly behind you with the caddie on (and not relocating anything). The bolts are on there loose cause I am lazy, those obviously wouldn't get in the way.

Hopefully that is helpful. If you want to run just the caddie (no license plate, etc.), it would be a pain in the ass to only relocate the camera. If you just intend to use it for off-road trips, maybe the lack of visibility isn't a deal breaker.

180208466_2360518137425196_4678666267559593775_n.jpg
Thanks for mounting that up and taking a picture. Based on that, it looks like I’d still have a decent amount of visibility. I really only want to be able to see directly behind me. I can look out the side of the Jeep for peripherals.

I’ve also been considering that I might want to actually relocate things at some point and I’d rather just have that ability there to begin with.

Unless you think there would be a substantial reason for someone with my use case to wait for the other non-relocation version, I’ll just go ahead and order.

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for mounting that up and taking a picture. Based on that, it looks like I’d still have a decent amount of visibility. I really only want to be able to see directly behind me. I can look out the side of the Jeep for peripherals.

I’ve also been considering that I might want to actually relocate things at some point and I’d rather just have that ability there to begin with.

Unless you think there would be a substantial reason for someone with my use case to wait for the other non-relocation version, I’ll just go ahead and order.
Well you could try it without relocation, but it will ship with the items needed and you will have that option whenever you want to switch. I think I can PM you the instructions which will make it more clear.

Advertisement

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Advertisement