OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
northernadventuresystems.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Since I have had some people ask, the website is going to be live in the coming month or so. In the meantime you can join the mailing list so you don't miss out on the pre-order if you are interested.

www.northernadventuresystems.com/
Had a bug with the mailing list. If you signed up it didn't go through, but it is fixed now.

Also, hopefully next week I can post some photos of the powered Caddie installed with all the bells and whistles.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager

mikej

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Had a bug with the mailing list. If you signed up it didn't go through, but it is fixed now.

Also, hopefully next week I can post some photos of the powered Caddie installed with all the bells and whistles.
Signed up! Looking forward to seeing the prototype. How is shipping going to run for those of us in the States?

You asked about accessories earlier. How about a t-slot rail or two that would allow one to re-use things made for roof racks?

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Signed up! Looking forward to seeing the prototype. How is shipping going to run for those of us in the States?

You asked about accessories earlier. How about a t-slot rail or two that would allow one to re-use things made for roof racks?
Shipping to the US West Coast should be about about $30USD and to the US East Coast $35USD. I am actively trying to get the cheapest shipping prices possible with the smallest possible packaging. JL Forum will get a 10% discount, so I assume that would make shipping free if and the product full price if you want to look at it that way.

Nice suggestion with the T-slot rail. What were your thoughts about location for that?

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Shipping to the US West Coast should be about about $30USD and to the US East Coast $35USD. I am actively trying to get the cheapest shipping prices possible with the smallest possible packaging. JL Forum will get a 10% discount, so I assume that would make shipping free if and the product full price if you want to look at it that way.

Nice suggestion with the T-slot rail. What were your thoughts about location for that?
Actually scratch that, I am able to get quotes as low as 16USD to the West Coast at the moment. We will see how that plays out, but it should be pretty competitive.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

For something this size and weight, $30 seems perfectly reasonable.

For the T-slot rail, I could see several options: the same place where you have the maxtrax mock-up, along the top or bottom, or on the sides (the later two options would be behind Rotopaxes). I don‘t think someone would use all these locations at once, but there would be a big increase in flexibility and the ability to tap into a large market of pre-existing accessories.

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Alright, been working on a lightweight design (in red) for a traction board module. The only change to the Adventure Caddie will be the addition of two more mounting holes the same size as the ones used for the Rotopax DLX mounts so that the traction module will have a more secure fit. This is fitted for Maxtrax at the moment, but will be working in additional mounting locations for Tred and Rototrax.

At the moment, I have it height adjustable so you can bring it up higher to avoid contact with rocks and whatnot, or centre it if you are just bombing down service roads, for example. I want to be able to offer this at the same time as the Adventure Caddie so you can save on shipping. Feedback is welcome and appreciated, as always.

Maxtrax 2.PNG

Maxtrax Mount.PNG

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Alright, been working on a lightweight design (in red) for a traction board module. The only change to the Adventure Caddie will be the addition of two more mounting holes the same size as the ones used for the Rotopax DLX mounts so that the traction module will have a more secure fit. This is fitted for Maxtrax at the moment, but will be working in additional mounting locations for Tred and Rototrax.

At the moment, I have it height adjustable so you can bring it up higher to avoid contact with rocks and whatnot, or centre it if you are just bombing down service roads, for example. I want to be able to offer this at the same time as the Adventure Caddie so you can save on shipping. Feedback is welcome and appreciated, as always.

Maxtrax 2.PNG

Maxtrax Mount.PNG
This is most likely exactly how I would spec mine. Looks fantastic!

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Are there plans of securing the Maxtrax to this plate by means you develop or are you thinking of using another product source for this feature?

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Are there plans of securing the Maxtrax to this plate by means you develop or are you thinking of using another product source for this feature?
At the moment it will be designed to use the three different options provided by the respective companies. I would like to develop something, but it just makes most sense to use what's already on the market and likely what people already have for their setups.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just read through the entire thread and following. Thanks for all this work! I think this looks like a great idea and solution.

Can't wait to see how it progresses!

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Just read through the entire thread and following. Thanks for all this work! I think this looks like a great idea and solution.

Can't wait to see how it progresses!
Appreciate that dude. You and me both, very excited to get out and test the production prototype.

OP
boehml

boehml

Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
1614330144331.png

Here is the actual plate that design I landed on. Throughout this entire process I have been trying to keep this as light as possible while keeping it extremely though and robust. I weighed the caddie today, it was 7lbs (yeah, its light lol). I was contemplating making this bracket out of steel as opposed to aluminum, but that would make it heavier than the entire caddie. I am going to try a test with the same material as the caddie for the this bracket and see how it goes.

And here is two more mockups (both loadouts) with a 3rd brake light as I know some of you had questions where and how that mounted. The bracket for the traction boards is setup to carry maxtrax, tred (using maxtrax mounting locations) and rototrax. Still height adjustable for those of you that don't want to compromise clearance on the rocks.

1614330631098.png

1614330602293.png

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I literally just ordered my Rotopax and locking mounts about 5min ago and this thread alert popped into my inbox as I was wondering how things were going for you.

This all looks awesome.

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement