First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Marat, my guess both the 60" and 24" version as shown in their picture, though you could probably combine 2x 24"s, or use a 60" one only?

I like the bumpstops to distribute some of the load on top of the roof rather than the roof rails.
Jeep-RoofRack-DZ4472JL-04.jpg
Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Marat, my guess both the 60" and 24" version as shown in their picture, though you could probably combine 2x 24"s, or use a 60" one only?

I like the bumpstops to distribute some of the load on top of the roof rather than the roof rails.
Jeep-RoofRack-DZ4472JL-04.jpg
Kid, yes, I think you're right. But after a short research I have concluded that most probably I'd stick with something like Thule roof racks, which attach to the rain gutters of the vehicle. My suggested maximum load is something around 70-80 kg (2 kayaks+paddles), and they state that system can handle up to 100 kg. https://www.thule.com/en-cy/roof-ra...x?car=jeep-wrangler+(hard+top)-4dr-suv-_-2nna . They can also be easily removed if not needed which is important for me as I have a retractable soft top. Still they have a high profile mounts, that could possible allow to have them installed all the time still providing enough clearance to open/close the power soft top... Must think on all the options. What I definitely like about the Thule product is that they are specialized in this kind of stuff and this is a Sweden brand - I'm a bit tired already paying double price on all American products :swear: :)

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Hi there,
Did you get any update on those racks? I really love the idea and since I have a Power Soft Top I like the DeeZee design as I can easily remove it when not needed (I suppose carrying a kayak on those racks). My only concern is that they sell a 24" set, that means if I want to have fixing points in front and rear of the car - I need 2 sets of those, correct?
They are not currently planning to ship internationally, but I have asked them to let me know the complete shipping dimensions and weight since I still have a US credit card to pay with and someone in the US who will forward the shipment. Looks like it would cost around 120€ to ship though.

The Mopar rack is ugly as F in my opinion and only has 2 racks. I have no real interested in a roof rack, but I do need to carry sheets of MDF from time to time, which of course cannot possibly fit inside the jeep.
Though... getting them on top will not be easy since they are heavy as F.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I didn’t get the front runner rack, opting for the Thule instead as I don’t carry heavy loads.

The instructions for the FR answers your question....yes, plugs are provided.

E1C01C5F-88B0-4994-B32E-16FE36521098.jpeg
Which Thule system drills a hole? For the wrangler I can only see the possibility for the rain gutter ones.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Thule systems for JL are being simply fixed on the rain gutters - I ended up ordering Thule ProBar Evo 150 cm cross bars and 15 cm matching mounts on eBay - something around 240 euro in total with shipping , I will post a short review as soon as I receive them.

UPD: eBay seller has cancelled my order as they cannot ship internationally due to the quarantine - probably because they use the regular post service. So I have reordered it from Amazon for a higher price but with expedited shipping- we’ll see.

Last edited:

hyon321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 2 door