Sponsored

JL Retractable Sunshade

If it were available now, would you order a JL Retractable Sunshade?

• Total voters

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you guys should try a kickstarter or other crowdfund platform, it will show you how much potential backers for this product. It will sell like hot cake.
Sponsored

Darin Martell

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I agree a crowd fund platform would allow for a realistic barometer on how popular this would be. The issue of not being able to choose between a sunshade and not is the biggest negative to my Jeep experience (I know, 1st world problems). I wish someone would come up with a clean looking, quick alternative.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
On a semi-related note, I'd be willing to pay handsomely for a two-piece sunshade that could makes using it with the One-Touch roof easier.

I currently have the Shadeidea two-piece. While I understand the One-Touch roof makes the initial installation a little more time consuming, I don't ever take them off because I don't want to go through said time consuming install again and again.

Something with reliable, "locking" clasps that allowed the retaining straps to stay on the bars while making it easier to remove just the shades themselves would be delightful.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
All we can do is patiently wait and see if @Bestop comes out with a retractable one for the JL that plays nice with the Bestop SR......I would gladly give them my $$$

OldManKnees

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Definitely want a retractable option. In the meantime, do any of the mesh panels on the market utilize some kind of “quick release” mechanism? Ideally something I can clip on and off quickly depending on what I’m in the mood for.

Sponsored

oldmannewjeep

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Definitely want a retractable option. In the meantime, do any of the mesh panels on the market utilize some kind of “quick release” mechanism? Ideally something I can clip on and off quickly depending on what I’m in the mood for.
100% there as well

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
Chiming in here per request. Dan hit it pretty much on the head with the fact that we have come out with MANY new products since the launch of the JL and we need to focus on what makes the best business case. We have still not abandoned the idea but I don't have any dates or news that I can share with you guys at the moment. The good news is that we will still be bringing you exciting new JL products in the meantime.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Any chance anyone has tried the JK retractable on the JL? Just wondering how different these would be.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance anyone has tried the JK retractable on the JL? Just wondering how different these would be.
I've got both and unfortunately the designs are very different. Even how it would hang when pulled out is different.

That said, the JL version looks from my layman's eye like it would be very easy to develop one. It looks like it was designed with this product in mind, so once they put their minds and resources to it I'd bet the development time won't be lengthy.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Sponsored

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Subscribed to this thread, this is just what I'm looking for.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Every time I get a notice that a new post has been put up in this thread I hope it’s @Bestop telling us the retractable sunshade is available. *sigh*

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Of course, we tried that nearly immediately. The JL is too narrow between the sport bars to accommodate the same unit even with different brackets.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I tried this early in 2018 and there is no close relationship in width, shape or way to attack a JK unit. Fortunately I got a million Jeeps running around here so it was easy to find a home for it!

You make excellent products and have great service. Got two Sunriders.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
A retractable sunshade for my JL sunrider is literally the one thing I want for my Jeep that I can't get. I wish there was a way to convince you guys to make one. 🙏
The begging continues! I'm not sure why this never came to fruition as a prototype was developed and demonstrated on the Quadratech website.
Sponsored