JL resale values are insane!

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I’m guessing you have taken great care of your Jeep too. So, your Jeep is a better value to you than any other Jeep on the lot…including the new ones. Keep it. Just my two cents…
Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Kelly Blue Book says my 2018 Sahara with every major option on it and only 6,200 miles is worth $45,000 to a dealer. I paid $38,000 four months before the pandemic hit.

I added about $3,500 in Katzkin leather seats and a Mopar lift.

I barely drive it. I am tempted to get the cash and run. Perhaps wait a few months for the market to cool off and see what else to get.

I still have the OE wheels and front bumper. I may swap the Quadratec wheels and steel bumper and sell them separately. I never got around to installing the winch.

Thoughts?
If someone offered me even $1k over what I was into my Jeep I’d be out so quick you’d think I was Usain Bolt

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’m guessing you have taken great care of your Jeep too. So, your Jeep is a better value to you than any other Jeep on the lot…including the new ones. Keep it. Just my two cents…
Indeed. My JL is in excellent condition. It’s got only 6,200 miles, and has been trouble-free. That’s more than most can say of their brand new Jeeps.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I also own a 2018 124 Spider Abarth with 9,400 miles.

That’s become my daily driver to the gym, to the grocery store and the occasional Sunday drive with the top down.

That’s the extent of my driving these days.

465F5855-3CEC-4CE8-AFC7-F07F4F603094.jpeg
That'll work! :like:

Sponsored

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
My co-worker was shopping for a Wrangler and came across a 2020 Sahara at Carmax that was listed for 38,000 the original sticker was 36,000 and the only add on was an aftermarket trailer hitch.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
FWIW I work in the Semi Conductor OEM sector. There are major shortages of chips and semi comonents currently. I'm guessing this is part of what it disrupting prices

purduecrew

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XR392, 2023 JLURD, 2022 Yukon Duramax
Im about to sell my Rubi to Vroom for $53,200. Paid $46,500 last February and put 10K on it. Got a new Rubi Ecodiesel sitting at the dealer waiting on me ( 3 weeks from order to delivery!!!!). Total out of pocket even paying full sales tax on new Jeep is $2000. I feel like thats a pretty good deal.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My co-worker was shopping for a Wrangler and came across a 2020 Sahara at Carmax that was listed for 38,000 the original sticker was 36,000 and the only add on was an aftermarket trailer hitch.
You think that's bad, look at this low optioned late model JKU, one owner only been in one accident selling for over MSRP.

2018 JKU for $33,495

Matching spare is extra :LOL:

Sponsored

jeeptrailrunner

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JLR 6MT
Waiting for my JLR 2dr, but will be trading my 2016 Willys Wheeler with 43k miles on it for $24k. The dealer used KBB. I checked KBB last November and it was $21k back then. The trade in value increase was a definite push towards the new JL

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I enjoy driving my Jeep more than any other vehicle, so I can't sell it.

But... who am I kidding? Even if I had a vehicle that would offer me the same enjoyment, I still wouldn't sell the Jeep. This weekend temperatures are in the 80's and I'll be on the trail.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
FWIW I work in the Semi Conductor OEM sector. There are major shortages of chips and semi comonents currently. I'm guessing this is part of what it disrupting prices
On the supply side, definitely. On the demand side: repeated rounds of stimulus, low interest rates, lots of people sitting at home and on their wallets for a year, and people still not willing to travel internationally. That makes for a tight market. My Jeep sales guy says he is very busy / happy right now. That said, he does have a boatload of white hard-topped Islanders for those who need one.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
On the supply side, definitely. On the demand side: repeated rounds of stimulus, low interest rates, lots of people sitting at home and on their wallets for a year, and people still not willing to travel internationally. That makes for a tight market. My Jeep sales guy says he is very busy / happy right now. That said, he does have a boatload of white hard-topped Islanders for those who need one.
Yup. You can also add to your list: with most of those employed now working from home, their household transportation have switched from needing an efficient commuter, to wanting a fancy weekend toy.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
All of the above posts illustrate the difference between VALUE and PRICE. Now, if you sell high, you can expect to buy high, factoring in taxes, fees, $ spent on mods, cost of interest on those payments. That's the plus and minus of price, a numbers game.
VALUE is the intangible, not number applicable, enjoyment you get out of the vehicle. I've had efficient, boring Cars that were a good price, but a lousy Value, just an appliance to point A from Z.
Wranglers inhabit the Value Zone, for me. That's Priceless
Sponsored