This all will end in tears, eventually.
Advertisement

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
On August 4th, I placed an order for a Unlimited Sport. The MSRP was $38,600, I paid $36,100. I'm in Milwaukee. A week ago I saw an ad for a 2020 Willys Unlimited with 6k miles on it. MSRP was $37,500... the dealer ended up selling it for $43,500... that dealer was in Madison. The buyer knew ordering new was cheaper, but wanted the vehicle right away. I'm trading in a VW Tiguan. It's got 160K miles on it, so it's time to let it go, but it still runs very well, it's awesome in snow, and I love driving it... I'm almost tempted to keep it and flip the Wrangler and order another one in spring.

AnthemAVM

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Just to add to the crazy world, just put in a vroom quote and came back 4k higher than last week.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unencumbered
@aldo98229
Just wondering if the plate frame in your latest avatar is a real thing, and what the dealer's response (if aware) might have been.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Just to add to the crazy world, just put in a vroom quote and came back 4k higher than last week.
Yep- did the same. My wifes GC is now worth 4k more as well.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
@aldo98229
Just wondering if the plate frame in your latest avatar is a real thing, and what the dealer's response (if aware) might have been.
No. It’s photshopped. But I am ordering it.

The dealer, which sold me the Mopar lift and installed it, now refuses to do the steering box TSB because “the Jeep has an aftermarket (Yeti) track bar.”

This dealer has a track record of looking for any excuse to refuse honoring the warranty. Even before they refused the TSB two days ago, they tried to get out of it saying that I shouldn’t have 35s. I persisted, but to no avail as it turns out.

I ran into problems with this dealer a few years back with my previous Jeep, too, when the dealer refused to fix a squeaky driver seat and loud rattle on the A-pillar because my Jeep had a (Mopar) lift and (factory) steel bumpers.

This is the only Jeep dealer in town. So now I’m stuck.

There’s another Jeep dealer 30 miles away; I’m going to ask them if they are willing to do the TSB. If they do, I’ll have to rely on them for any future warranty and service work. If they don’t, then all the cards are on the table.

Either way, the way things stand, I can’t justify buying another Jeep and have no dealer. So after 30 years, this is likely the last Jeep I own.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Gibson Leatherworks

Advertisement