JL rear lower shock mount skids

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Mine are still red, is that the Next Venture diff skid? Waiting for mine to be shipped.

Yep! That is the Next Venture and these things are SOLID!! 1/4" & 3/8" steel and protects the entire pumpkin, a bit costly but worth every penny.

When I ordered the rear diff cover from Next Venture, I already had Metalcloak's front diff skid on order.. The Metalcloak front diff skid offers decent protection, (especially for the bottom mount drain plug) good clearance and is a great value... But is nowhere near as stout or protects nearly as much of the differential as Next Ventures.
Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Just bought the Rock Hard FAD skid and bolt on front and rear lower control skid plates. They look good. Approximate shipping time, 3 to 4 weeks. Any comments?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just bought the Rock Hard FAD skid and bolt on front and rear lower control skid plates. They look good. Approximate shipping time, 3 to 4 weeks. Any comments?
I was just under my Jeep installing belly pan skids and got a good look at mine. A few scrapes which means they did their job. The only complaint is the surface rust in the fasteners because they’re not stainless. Picky I guess. Other than that the only issue is that I had a bear of a time getting the front ones on. The rear are easy.

I don’t have the FAD skid. Given how the LCA skids fit I can’t imagine how it could possibly fit along with them. Would love to see pics of your install after it’s done.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I purchased the Front & Rear skids as well ... been sitting in my garage for 2 weeks waiting for my motivation to install them :)

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just under my Jeep installing belly pan skids and got a good look at mine. A few scrapes which means they did their job. The only complaint is the surface rust in the fasteners because they’re not stainless. Picky I guess. Other than that the only issue is that I had a bear of a time getting the front ones on. The rear are easy.

I don’t have the FAD skid. Given how the LCA skids fit I can’t imagine how it could possibly fit along with them. Would love to see pics of your install after it’s done.
I specifically asked about the fit of the components and was assured that they would fit together. It most likely will be about a month before everything is put together.

Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase

What was your main issue with installing the front lower control arm skids that made them a bear? I'm about to order a set.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What was your main issue with installing the front lower control arm skids that made them a bear? I'm about to order a set.
Just getting them on and in place to bolt up. They have a lip on both sides that slides over/around the flared out edge of the LCA mounting bracket. It was tight for me and didn’t slide on easily without a lot of pry bar and BFH encouragement. Then you’ve got to line up the holes in the skid, a thick shim on each side, and the bracket all while holding the LCA in place while getting the bolt through. I don’t know if others had as much trouble as I did.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Just getting them on and in place to bolt up. They have a lip on both sides that slides over/around the flared out edge of the LCA mounting bracket. It was tight for me and didn’t slide on easily without a lot of pry bar and BFH encouragement. Then you’ve got to line up the holes in the skid, a thick shim on each side, and the bracket all while holding the LCA in place while getting the bolt through. I don’t know if others had as much trouble as I did.
I'm going to order a set and then send them out to be powder coated red to match my rear Rancho LCA skids. I'll post when all is said and done to see if I end up needing the BFH to get them on also. I take it by the tight fitting they are pretty secure in case of a hard impact.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm going to order a set and then send them out to be powder coated red to match my rear Rancho LCA skids. I'll post when all is said and done to see if I end up needing the BFH to get them on also. I take it by the tight fitting they are pretty secure in case of a hard impact.
They’re held on by the bolt and nut that secures the axle end of your lower control arm. If you hit anything hard enough to shear that you win a prize.

Sponsored

Kolkebeck

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I installed the rockhard this weekend. Rear was easy. The front factory bolts were a pain to get off. Broke a impact sock and had to borrow a Milwaukee impact gun. FAD should be near this week.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My only complaint about the RockHard skids are that the hardware rusts quickly. No road salt or salt water. Performance is solid though. The fronts are a little difficult to get on.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My only complaint about the RockHard skids are that the hardware rusts quickly. No road salt or salt water. Performance is solid though. The fronts are a little difficult to get on.
Luckily for me there is no road salt and I don't drive it in the ocean. I am having OHV warehouse do the install. For 100 dollars let them do the work.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Luckily for me there is no road salt and I don't drive it in the ocean. I am having OHV warehouse do the install. For 100 dollars let them do the work.
OHV, Who dat? I’m too lazy to install mine!
Sponsored