First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Me bad. Off Road Warehouse
They are a local southern California business
Ah, those are a tad far for me to justify lol.
Lol. Total understandable. The biggest reason I am not going to install the plate is because you have to remove 4 bolts (2 on each side, leaving the 2 bottom bolts alone) on the diff cover. There is a small chance that the cover would leak. If that happens then you have to remove drain the diff oil and remove the cover. Then clean off old seal and replace. Replace cover, tighten and replace oil. Hopefully won't happen.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts

Lol. Total understandable. The biggest reason I am not going to install the plate is because you have to remove 4 bolts (2 on each side, leaving the 2 bottom bolts alone) on the diff cover. There is a small chance that the cover would leak. If that happens then you have to remove drain the diff oil and remove the cover. Then clean off old seal and replace. Replace cover, tighten and replace oil. Hopefully won't happen.
Oh, you aren’t talking about the same install as this thread states. I’m referring to the lower shock mount skids.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, you aren’t talking about the same install as this thread states. I’m referring to the lower shock mount skids.
Sorry. I went off topic bu adding the front diff skid. Has anyone had any problems with the LCA skids when installing a MC GC lift? One mechanic said that the skids would interfere with the lift.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Sorry. I went off topic bu adding the front diff skid. Has anyone had any problems with the LCA skids when installing a MC GC lift? One mechanic said that the skids would interfere with the lift.
I don’t have the MC GC lift yet, but I don’t think that they’ll interfere with any arms.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Did not experience a leak when I installed the Rancho rear diff skid.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did not experience a leak when I installed the Rancho rear diff skid.
I used the Rancho front diff cover and had no leaking problems. Last weekend I had the opportunity to test out the underarmor on a nice rocky desert mountain trail. When you hear and feel the clunk of metal against rock, you appreciate the plates.
Sponsored