JL rear lift glass not available?

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 1976 K5 Blazer. 1995 S10 Blazer 4wd
Occupation
Forklift Operator
Took my wife out to dinner Saturday night only to come out to find some lowlife busted out the rear lift glass on my new Rubicon. Filed a police report, called my insurance agent and started a claim. Went down this morning to my Jeep dealer to order a replacement glass and almost fell over when they told me they aren't available and won't be until mid April! So basically I have to leave it in the garage for 2 months because I can put a sheet of plastic over it to keep the rain out but its a free pass for someone else to break into it. If anyone out there knows where there's a wrecked JLU with a good back window I'm in need. Can't believe they still don't have parts for these after a year.
Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
That really sucks! Especially since some piece of crap broke into your Jeep. Don’t feel too bad because we’ve been waiting on a hood since mid June due to a hail storm. The repair facility just got it in I believe the second week of January. Now we’re just waiting on some decent weather so we can get it back up to Billings MT.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I feel for you I even ask dealers her in San Antonio they are all back ordered. My buddy is a sales Manager at a dealer back ordered.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
They better provide a rental for those 2 months since it's technically unusable.

Sponsored

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
Been waiting for new rear glass since 11/18. Its a joke!

Vegvisir66

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Took my wife out to dinner Saturday night only to come out to find some lowlife busted out the rear lift glass on my new Rubicon. Filed a police report, called my insurance agent and started a claim. Went down this morning to my Jeep dealer to order a replacement glass and almost fell over when they told me they aren't available and won't be until mid April! So basically I have to leave it in the garage for 2 months because I can put a sheet of plastic over it to keep the rain out but its a free pass for someone else to break into it. If anyone out there knows where there's a wrecked JLU with a good back window I'm in need. Can't believe they still don't have parts for these after a year.
I have been waiting 2 months. Somebody in logistics F'd up.

Sponsored

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
April seems to be the magic number on when parts will be available. I broke the lower latch on my center console (2019 4 door Sahara)...not sure if it just happened when I used it or if I caught it with my jacket. I know it's not anything like the OP needing a back glass....just seems to be a similarity on when parts should be available as my dealership also said April for the latch to come into the parts dept.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
3 "fixes, trips to dealer on rear window defroster, no luck! Rear window ordered 5 weeks ago, no luck still waiting!! That's why there are no rear windows available!

Go Jeep!!!

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
3 "fixes, trips to dealer on rear window defroster, no luck! Rear window ordered 5 weeks ago, no luck still waiting!! That's why there are no rear windows available!

Go Jeep!!!
At least the glass is still in tact! :)

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Unfortunately, they are wasting a metric boatload of rear glass units to "fix" the stupid rear defroster problem which affects basically everyone, which is why their stock is so heavily depleted. I love Jeep, but FCA is definitely a measure once and cut 10 times company.

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Work with your insurance company to get it done. I busted mine day 2 and the $50 deductible saved my arse.

Dealer gave me same problems.
Sponsored