Sponsored

JL Phone Holsters (Center Console Mount)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Hello Everyone. in the thread/postings for the JL Center Console Saddle Bags I had several requests and messages for just a small simple place to put your cell phone. I am offerings these JL Phone Holsters for those that are looking for an option like this.

They mount to the center console without any vehicle modifications (factory center console mounting bolt behind the round plastic disc on the side of the consoles towards the front) I will post some follow up mounting instructions soon. Note: due to pics that were supplied on 2 door models, I believe the driver seat will contact these when the seat is positioned for rear access

Since cell phone sizes are all over the board and adding things like Otter Boxes and other covers increase those variations, I had to make a one size fits most holster. These were patterned off a Note 8 with and Otter Box... which is huge, so they will fit most anything. There is a small opening on the back/bottom of the holster for those that wish to run their charge cable thru (charge cables can easily be snaked under the front part of the console without removal .. easier going from driver to pass side when snaking them) … so all in all you can clean up your charge cables pretty well.

Initial offerings will be black with either black, red or green thread (hoping to have a white thread option soon as black dye transfer during wet molding is an issue with white thread)
These are hard molded bags, highest quality USA tanned leather and include the mounting hardware.
I have more information on my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com and you can order from there as well
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or shoot me an email at [email protected]
Thank you for your interest

JL CC PHs.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I see these for the driver side. My wife would like one on the passenger side.
Thank you Dave and Phil, I can mirror the pattern and offer passenger side as well. Shouldn't be a problem. On a business trip right now, but I can get them posted this weekend and probably have a pic of one early next week. Again, Thank you for your input

Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
I am keen on the black and red! One for each side of the console. I am still waiting for my JL but this will likely be one of my first 'mods'. On my JK I slide my phone into the little mesh pocket under the temp controls, but as the JL does not have that pocket, this holster will be awesome. I had a quick look at the website and I couldn't see if you ship internationally, please tell me you do?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I am keen on the black and red! One for each side of the console. I am still waiting for my JL but this will likely be one of my first 'mods'. On my JK I slide my phone into the little mesh pocket under the temp controls, but as the JL does not have that pocket, this holster will be awesome. I had a quick look at the website and I couldn't see if you ship internationally, please tell me you do?
Hello Igor, let me check on a shipping cost to Australia and I will follow up with you

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
That is awesome. Definitely getting one of these in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
The first batch of these cell phone holsters will be shipping out tomorrow and I have not had a chance to get pics for instructions for how to mount them. Fortunately, they are very easy. On the side of the center console towards the front is a round plastic disc. Pop off the the disc with a small screwdriver or plastic wedge. Use a 10 mm socket to remove the bolt under the disc. Place the screw cover over the supplied M6 screw, slide into hole on the back of the holster, slide the 1/2 spacer over the screw on the backside of the holster, thread screw into mounting point from the removed bolt under the disc and tighten. Then snap the lid of the screw cover over the screw ... pretty simple. I was hoping to get some pics tonight to post but it just didn't happen. If anyone has questions please do not hesitate to contact me ... the passenger side versions will be posted in the next day or two.
Thank you everyone for your interest

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Many people have requested a passenger side version. I am happy to announce that these have just been added to my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com Just select "Shop" at the top of the page, select the JL Phone Holster and then you will see drop down options to select Driver or Passenger Side Mounts as well as thread color.
Thanks everyone for your interest.

Sponsored

dblack222

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Got mine in and mounted up just a few minutes ago.

Awesome quality, dead simple install, and solves the problem.

Great product.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Any chance you could make these with a silver thread that would match the Rubicon stitching on those with tan leather? I’m not sure if the Sahara has white or silver, but mine is definitely a shiny silver color.

C8D8DFEB-689E-47B4-9C0B-4503EFCE7DE1.jpeg

DD74D737-88C2-4197-9495-B94196BB391A.jpeg

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I believe the Sahara's are white (which is tough because of potential black dye transfer when wet molding) I do have this silver/grey but I will let you judge how close you think it matches

silver-grey thread.jpg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I believe the Sahara's are white (which is tough because of potential black dye transfer when wet molding) I do have this silver/grey but I will let you judge how close you think it matches

silver-grey thread.jpg
How does the silver/gray hold up to black dye? I’m sure it has to be better than white.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
How does the silver/gray hold up to black dye? I’m sure it has to be better than white.[/QUOTEi
No issues in the past with dye transfer on silver .. even though this is nylon thread, white is just a leach
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.