Sponsored

JL Phone Holsters (Center Console Mount)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Would you be willing to add it as an option?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Would you be willing to add it as an option?
I am hesitant to put it as a selectable option until I am pretty sure that it will fit the request and unfortunately I don't have something close to compare. However, I can do what I did for the green before I offered it. If you would like to try the silver/grey I can make you one up. If once you get it and if you say it matches, I will add it to the drop down for others. If you say it's close, but there's a little difference .. well, you will have a one of a kind. If you want to give this a shot, please email me at [email protected] and I can let you know how we can proceed

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Some of you have already received your orders for the phone holsters and I appreciate the compliments on them. I really should put some mounting instructions with photo’s together and I will in the near future … it just keeps falling off my plate.

On the sides of the center console towards the front you will notice a round plastic disk cover. Use a small screwdriver or plastic wedge to pop this disc off. It comes off pretty easy. Using a 10mm ¼”drive socket, remove the bolt that is under the disc. (I would save the disc and bolt incase you ever want to remove the holster).
Insert the provided screw thru the hole in the screw cover and insert it into the hole in the holster from the front side. Slide the white nylon spacer onto the screw from the back side of the holster and insert the screw where you removed the bolt and lightly tighten. Once you have it in the position you want, tighten the screw and snap the tethered cover (which is part of the screw cover) over the screw.
Note: there is an opening in the back/lower portion of the holster in case you want to run a your charging cable into the holster. If you want to do this, I recommend running the cable into the holster prior to installing and tightening the mounting screw.

Hope this all makes sense. I will do a better job documenting the process soon.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Some of you have already received your orders for the phone holsters and I appreciate the compliments on them. I really should put some mounting instructions with photo’s together and I will in the near future … it just keeps falling off my plate.

On the sides of the center console towards the front you will notice a round plastic disk cover. Use a small screwdriver or plastic wedge to pop this disc off. It comes off pretty easy. Using a 10mm ¼”drive socket, remove the bolt that is under the disc. (I would save the disc and bolt incase you ever want to remove the holster).
Insert the provided screw thru the hole in the screw cover and insert it into the hole in the holster from the front side. Slide the white nylon spacer onto the screw from the back side of the holster and insert the screw where you removed the bolt and lightly tighten. Once you have it in the position you want, tighten the screw and snap the tethered cover (which is part of the screw cover) over the screw.
Note: there is an opening in the back/lower portion of the holster in case you want to run a your charging cable into the holster. If you want to do this, I recommend running the cable into the holster prior to installing and tightening the mounting screw.

Hope this all makes sense. I will do a better job documenting the process soon.
@Blkjak

Your written instructions on this are very clear.

Hopefully, my holster will be delivered today and I will be following your instructions. 8-)

Looking forward to having / using the holster. So is my gal pal .... aka: passenger.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
@Blkjak

Your written instructions on this are very clear.

Hopefully, my holster will be delivered today and I will be following your instructions. 8-)

Looking forward to having / using the holster. So is my gal pal .... aka: passenger.

Looking at your tracking, it is scheduled to be delivered today … so you should be good if you want to start your trip tomorrow instead :)

Sponsored

Yeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Turbo Diesel
Many people have requested a passenger side version. I am happy to announce that these have just been added to my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com Just select "Shop" at the top of the page, select the JL Phone Holster and then you will see drop down options to select Driver or Passenger Side Mounts as well as thread color.
Thanks everyone for your interest.

You sir, are extremely talented! Beautiful work!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, my JL Phone Holsters (Center Console Mount) for the passenger side, arrived today.

Took about 5 mins to install. So very easy to install.....

With the holster installed, the passenger side seat can still be moved fully forward.

Well, I was impressed with the Fob Holster, I bought from Gibson Leatherworks a few months ago and I am equally impressed with the JL Phone Holster.

What a terrific offering! Mark is a craftsman to say the least. Thanks Mark!

Holster01.jpg

Holster02.jpg

@Blkjak

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I got my silver threaded phone holster today and I have to say, thank you so much! The quality of materials and the craftsmanship is excellent. The silver thread may be a shade darker than the dash and seats threading from the factory, or it may just be less reflective. It is considerably thicker thread. To me, it is a great match. I am thoroughly pleased.

Here’s a few pictures of it next to the seats, steering wheel, and dash panel.
The install position is perfect, out of the way, but well within reach.

65876152-95E7-490D-A8CE-369633C88705.jpeg

F15F9C2D-7ED6-44B6-90A9-6504EA19AFAC.jpeg

91A32628-12FE-4E2B-AE72-F043C3330DE0.jpeg

4AE0EB6A-4F75-4BC6-9C7D-F495D7783C6F.jpeg

Sponsored

Yeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Turbo Diesel
I got my silver threaded phone holster today and I have to say, thank you so much! The quality of materials and the craftsmanship is excellent. The silver thread may be a shade darker than the dash and seats threading from the factory, or it may just be less reflective. It is considerably thicker thread. To me, it is a great match. I am thoroughly pleased.

Here’s a few pictures of it next to the seats, steering wheel, and dash panel.
The install position is perfect, out of the way, but well within reach.

65876152-95E7-490D-A8CE-369633C88705.jpeg

F15F9C2D-7ED6-44B6-90A9-6504EA19AFAC.jpeg

91A32628-12FE-4E2B-AE72-F043C3330DE0.jpeg

4AE0EB6A-4F75-4BC6-9C7D-F495D7783C6F.jpeg
Love the silver! I'd order one for each side!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, my JL Phone Holsters (Center Console Mount) for the passenger side, arrived today.

Took about 5 mins to install. So very easy to install.....

With the holster installed, the passenger side seat can still be moved fully forward.

Well, I was impressed with the Fob Holster, I bought from Gibson Leatherworks a few months ago and I am equally impressed with the JL Phone Holster.

What a terrific offering! Mark is a craftsman to say the least. Thanks Mark!

Holster01.jpg

Holster02.jpg

Well, @Blkjak ..

Left on my road trip. Knocked out 800 mi. today.
Thanks for getting me the Center Console Mount Holster (passenger) out to me, in time for this trip.
I know you went out of your way to get it to me in time.

Anyway, the Holster is a real nice addition! Well made, looks good, functional.... My gal pal has the holster to use. and she Love's it.

Her smart phone is right there in easy reach of her hand.

No more fumbling for her smartphone, that she usually had lying on the passenger side floor, on top of her handbag or in my friggin mug hole in the center console. Now, she just quick draws her smartphone from the holster. :giggle:

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Well, @Blkjak ..

Left on my road trip. Knocked out 800 mi. today.
Thanks for getting me the Center Console Mount Holster (passenger) out to me, in time for this trip.
I know you went out of your way to get it to me in time.

Anyway, the Holster is a real nice addition! Well made, looks good, functional.... My gal pal has the holster to use. and she Love's it.

Her smart phone is right there in easy reach of her hand.

No more fumbling for her smartphone, that she usually had lying on the passenger side floor, on top of her handbag or in my friggin mug hole in the center console. Now, she just quick draws her smartphone from the holster. :giggle:

Glad you like it … enjoy the road trip and be safe

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
These look awesome! Definitely thinking I want to pick one up. Anyone using this with an iPhone XR? I run a Unicorn Beetle case and can't find the dimensions anywhere. I'd hate to buy and find out it just won't fit. Thoughts?

8vsXR.JPG

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Blkjak

Anyway, I cut out a circular piece of 15# hold, Industrial Strength, Black Velcro/ furry side. I cut it so it was a little bit bigger diameter wise then the plastic cap/cover, that Mark provides with the Holster to cover the mounting screw...

I placed the Velcro on the plastic cover and then pressed the Velcro down firmly so it attached to the top and sides of the mounting cover cap. It stuck on very well. It will not come off without a battle to remove it. No plastic on the cover is exposed, so no way the plastic can scratch a screen.

This Velcro blends in very well / looks good, and it will provide a later of protection... protection, just in case a smartphone screen would come in contact with that area/the plastic cover.

When you slide a smartphone in and out, it does seem to really clear that cap ... but... I would rather use the Velcro fur as protection just in case.. The Velcro takes up little space.

Pic is poor. If you look at the holster, you hardly see the furry Velcro. Pic exaggerates ..
velcro.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.